Are the people of Match.com and other dating websites real? Do they put fake profiles to attract business?

Favorite Answer

eharmony does, that's why they let you "view your matches free", they show you all the wonderful but fake profiles. The more expensive, the more likely they add fake profiles to justify the price

• The fact is that there really are a lot of fake profiles on there... but not from the websites - from the actual people who join them. The glorious thing about the internet is that you can fake your identity... people often use inaccurate pictures, and write slightly less-than-true things about themselves to make them more appealing.

However, it is possible to actually meet a real person. In fact, I met the love of my life on a dating website - he was exactly what I was looking for, and when I met him in person a few months later [[in a public place for safety]] he turned out to be even better!

So the trick to online dating is just learning to weed out all the weirdos and fakes, and actually get to the genuine real guys.

Good luck!

• .

Many are real (because I'm on there and I'm real, and I've met people from the site and they were real) but rumor has it there are some fake profiles used.

That's a common thing on dating sites, to entice people to join.

Some might do that type of scam.But if you find one thats common or you have seen an ad on tv or the paper.Those ones might be better to join

i think they use fake ones to say they are interested in you