Poll> Have you ever dated siblings?

Intentionally or not, have you ever dated siblings? Presumably, but not necessarily, dating them at different points in time!

Thanks!

Okay, I did NOT think about how this could be misconstrued to get the incest angle. That is NOT what I meant. Trust me.

• Starr
    Best Answer

No. I never dated brothers, but I did date a guy who's older brother hit on me the whole time we were dating. I never told my boyfriend because I didn't want to cause problems between him and his brother. He would wait until my boyfriend left the room and then try to cop a feel or suggest that I meet up with him later to "see what a "real man" was like! LOL! What a sleaze!

• Ethel

Okay, I'm going to answer this a bit more seriously than it seems other people have. Dating siblings in western society has a strong cultural stigma against it. However, it has not always been looked down on in all the world. Many families in Arabia (now several countries) married exclusively within the family, which, while a little disturbing to many modern westerners, was actually a very good thing because their genes were pure, and they kept them that way. In modern western society however, dating siblings is a very bad idea, for the simple fact that inbreeding is extremely undesirable with the current genetic pools. The problem with inbreeding is that rare recessive genetic disorders, while usually moderated by genetic mixing between two families, are MUCH more likely to occur when inbreeding occurs between two relatives, especially as close as a brother and sister. If either of your parents is a carrier for a recessive disorder, which may very well be the case without your or their knowledge, there is a 1/16 chance that any given child will have that disorder and a 1/8 chance that he or she is a carrier. In short, while it may be an attractive prospect, and may have been accepted in certain cultures, it isn't in western society, and for a good reason. Edit: Well, looks like this is irrelevant now... But I'll keep it up anyways, because it's a good comment on what I *thought* this was about :P

I'm 14 and my gorgeous 20 year old big sister recently took me on my first date. We went out for dinner, a movie and slow dancing then when she brought be home she gave me my first real kiss on the lips. It was a beautiful night! I think it was much better for me to have those important first times with a sibling who I love very much instead of with some random girl I barely know.

Yes, twice. I dated a guy for a couple weeks, then met his brother. Well, we stopped dating, and then I started dating the brother. We stayed together for a couple years. Needless to say, we didn't go to alot of family functions, seeing as his brother didn't want to be around me much. lol

And, then I did it again! ha! I actually married a guy that I

knew because I had dated his younger brother back in high school. We weren't married long, but I'm still friends with his whole family. We have a son together, but when I had my son, my ex-husband accused me and his brother of fooling around because the baby looked like his brother!!

Wow! Bad idea to date brothers! Too much history, and too much jealousy!!

• Lark

Yes. I once dated 3 brothers, of which two are twins, all at different times. Didn't mean for it to happen, but it did. All three were great guys.

Source(s): Lark

I went with this one guy when I was 14 and then I went with his brother when I was 15. They were both really cool. But, back then relationships were just a game to me...

I thought that was disgusting and incestuous until I read your description and understood what you were asking. No, I haven't, although I'd love to have a threesome with twins :) Hottest fantasy ever.

True story King....

I dated my brother in law until he introduced me to my current husband......

Peace.

yea like finding out that your mom or dad have a love child you never knew about and you didnt know they were siblings! yep i know, NEVER done that but still i know what your saying!

• its me

brothers a couple years apart