Can eating dog food make me ill?

I like to make pies with dog food as i think it tastes chunkier and suculant is this ok?

Favorite Answer

I would not recommend it, but I tell you, the smell of my dogs & cats food is delicious. Very tempting.

• Nicole

He will eat when he's hungry. The fact that he's overweight means he's really not that hungry. He's only eating the table scraps because they are irresistable. Leave the dog food down, when he gets truly hungry, he WILL eat it. Don't be surprised if he only eats a small amount at first, he's got plenty of fat to burn through in the mean time. DO NOT give in and give him scraps, you'll only teach him to hold out for the good stuff in the future.

• me me

Years ago there used to be a dog food called Kenomeat and believe me it smelled a lot better than Fray Bentos tinned meats. My eldest son cut his teeth on Bonios

I think you should think twice before you make a habit of eating Mutt-Food. It contains all the REAL rubbish of an animal carcass like the LUNGS, Colons, Noses, ears etc.

Keep it up too long you may start to Moooooo!

they have official dog food testers so it wont do you any harm, i cant taste very nice though, did you know the reason a dog licks its naughty bits is to take away the taste of the dog food from its mouth.

another good use for dog biscuits is to put them in fruit machines, you dont half winalot

• Yes it's fine, it is tasted by humans when it's made anyway.

But it does have side effects which they don't tell you about on the packet.

It makes you wee against trees! lol

Urgh.

But on the plus side, yu'll be full of energy and have really shiney hair (and possibly a damp nose).

OK weird lol but its tested by humans so I'm pretty sure you'd be fine. oh and it'll give you a lovely shiny coat too :))

Hahahaha that's so funny! Just as long as its only you eating the pies (maybe sharing them with your dog!). I don't see a problem with it!

This question has amused me, thanks!

well I dont know about making you ill but I dont think its very wise and might make your breath smell horrible