一 d vocab 問題 (10points)!!!
- KKLv 51 decade agoFavorite Answer
satisfactory 滿意/滿足 (事物)
The results are satisfactory.
This can of soda is very satisfying.
satisfied 滿意/滿足 (人)
I am quite satisfied with the results.
He is easily satisfiable.
She is a sophisticated woman.
無sophisticating呢個字Source(s): yahoo Dictionary, my own knowledge
- BaggioLv 71 decade ago
Adaptedness – there is no such word. The adjective of adapt = adaptable
Example : Tom is an adaptable person so he can sleep in the strange place.
1. Satisfactory : this is an adjective, usually talking about a result on something, or someone’s performance.
Example : Tom’s test result is satisfactory.
Mary’s recovery is satisfactory. I think she can return to school tomorrow.
2. Satisfying : can be used as an adjective (talking about the thing, not our feeling on that thing) and can also be the continuous tense of “satisfy”
Example for adjective : Everyone is satisfying about the dinner and costs us little money.
Example for continuous tense : Mother is satifying because she made a delicious cheese cake.
3. Satisfied : can be either an adjective (talking about one’s feeling) and the past tense of satisfy.
Example for adjective : I am satisfied with Mary’s singing because her voice is beautiful.
Example for past tense : Everyone was satisfied about last night’s dinner because it was delicious.
4. Satisfiable – there is no such word.
1. Sophisticated : this is an adjective.
Example : Your question is too sophisticated for me to answer with one sentence.
2. Sophisticating – no such word because sophisticate is not a verb, so there is no continuous tense.Source(s): Myself