promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in 教育與參考出國留學 · 1 decade ago

UC Riverside v.s SJSU 20pts

Right now my major is undecided, and I don't know which school I should choose. Anyone can help?

Please provide me some advice and list all the 優點 and 缺點 of both schools. Thanks!

Update:

I have one 補充 question for ...sun.

If I want to study management or business administration, which school you will recommend me? 因為兩所學校的商學院都蠻名的名的.

4 Answers

Rating
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

SJSU is not ranked against UC campus because it does not have PhD program by itself. UCR is ranked against other research based university. So, you are comparing orange and apple, no comparison.

The BA program of UCR has at least one internship chance for each student in junior or senior. Chinese or Chinese-American is the largest ethnical group in the program (even more than White/Caucasian)!!

In addition to the location disadvantage, its reputation is probably limited to a small region. I have not met anyone who graduated from UCR BA program (nowadays almost everyone gets a MBA) after living, studying, and working in SF bay area for almost 18 years.

SJSU does not have undergraduate BA program but it has management major. Its high technology management and international business is pretty popular because of its proximity to the high tech companies in silicon valley. You will have more chance to talk to working professionals as your classmates!! And more working opportunities as many local companies managers are either SJSU alumni or studying in SJSU.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • ay18
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

SJSU, 其他甚麼評比不說, 靠進矽谷找工作就比較容易, 據我所之, Riverside真的勢有點偏僻

• 張輝
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

1 UCR- UC System; 南加州

在洛杉磯 County 和Orange County 及San Diego 之間

地點有些偏北部山區

15 號公路北上可達 Las Vegas

學校規模和師生人數皆不如 SJSU

2 SJSU- Cal state system 名氣和各校平均規模比 UC system 低一級

在北加州 位於世界第一科技重鎮矽谷 Silicon Valley

你說得出來的國際級五百大 大公司

包括台灣的台積電聯電幾乎都在矽谷有據點;

走280 or 82 號公路由 SJSU 北上先經過 Stanford 再到San Francisco city,

走880 北上可到 Berkeley

Wish you success to make a final decision by yourself.

• 1 decade ago

太難比較了

各有優缺點

環境,你要忍受哪一個環境

排名,你想讀排名嗎?不過UCR雖然100以内,不過能讀SJSU得人,要讀UCR,其實也不難

如果我是你

我會讀SJSU

2008-04-28 17:07:21 補充:

嗯,UCR的商學院確實不錯,這也不能否定的,

雖然我沒申請過SJSU,不過,我個人是不會想去UCR這個地方讀書

畢竟太偏僻了,而且很悶熱,沙漠氣候,這也是爲什麽UCR不太受學生喜愛的地方

至於找工作要說SJSU地點有利,其實我不認爲啦,畢竟找工作跟讀書是兩回事

不知道北加州的人對於UCR的想法是什麽,如南加的我,以及很多同學,對於位于北加的UCSC都不是很了解,但是對於UCR的想法,其實是如果爲了排名,那他是最後一所可以讀的100名内的學校,如果不計較,就讀CSU系統..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.