promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

ex is pregnant but wont talk to me?

my ex gf is 4 months pregnant, i had suspected she was but she told me she wasnt, but i just found out from someone who knows her that she is in fact pregnant, we ended pretty bad but its been months now, and she wont answer any msgs or anything, i just want to be in the childs life i couldnt live with myself knowing i have a child out there and not be in its life, i guess im going to have to go to court to get some rights, but what if she puts someone else on the birth certificate or noone as the babys dad? will the court force a dna test? any info is appreciated

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Seriously, people who say you have no rights are full of it. I'm in a similar situation. My lawyer said there is nothing ti can do to stop the court from giving him visitation for the first few eyars and then he can take the child on a regular schedule (he lives out of state), once it's about 2 or 3. The courts don't care if she hates you, if it's your child, you do have rights. You will have to pay though and she will likely retain physical and legal custody and you will get visitations until she stops breast feeding. Then you'll probably get like every other weekend. Just call a lawyer, it's free to ask a few questions. I actually think in this case the father has too many rights. I would love nothing more than to never speak to this asshole again but eventually I'm going to have to ship my young child off to be alone with him because the courts say so. Good luck!

And it doesn't matter if someone else signs the Birth Certificate, she can't legally just put someones name on there. They haev to do it voluntarily. Either way, all you have to do is file a paternity petition.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You can petition the court for a paternity test. But maybe give her some time and she will come around. Right now she has to be a hormonal roller coaster. I'd keep trying to get in touch with her. Reach out, do something romantic or loving. It is almost mother's day. Let her know how you feel, even if you have to write it and write and send it through friends to her. She will come around I hope. Best wishes!

Source(s): Mommy of 4 boys, currently 23+ weeks pregnant with twins!
  • if for some reason she won't talk to you ,you need to contact an attorney to see what can be done to protect you rights as the possible other parent of a child ,with that in mind a court can require a dna test and it can be done while she is pregnant since you said you would like to be in the childs life ,your ex will have to grow up and understand this child has the right to both parents . it is againts the law to aleinate the child from the other parent. hope this was any help to you and good luck p.s. send her some flowers especailly on mothers day if possible

• 4 years ago

nicely, you extremely did screw up, and if she does not want you in the exertions and transport room, this is incredibly plenty that. She's the single giving start, and he or she does not want the further tension of your presence. the terrific way you may teach which you have replaced is to be a good father on your baby. You do have rights there, of path, as long as you may shop your temper below administration, so if there is any question approximately your skill to have touch inclusive of your daughter, determine your lawyer is working on the difficulty. otherwise, end attempting to touch this woman. truly, determine your visitation rights are in place, and and be good on your daughter whilst she is with you. so some distance as baby help is in touch, in the experience that your ex won't settle for any, open a economic enterprise account in believe on your daughter and make prevalent month-to-month deposits. Then, in the experience that your ex does at last attempt to hit you up for the help, the back help money would be there and you will already be used to putting aside money for the youngster. in the experience that your ex by no potential asks for it, the money could be utilized on your daughter's education sometime. in case you exhibit which you're a good, loving, in charge make certain, your ex could come around, in spite of if it won't help to maintain pounding on her door (I propose that metaphorically). you will could desire to artwork in the path of the youngster.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

you can petition the court for a paternity test as soon as the child is born, hopefully when her hormones get under control you 2 can work this out without having to go to court good luck

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hey, the same thing happened to my cousin, turns out she doesn't know who the babys dad is....so yeah go to court and get a DNA test done, make sure its yours, because she might be with someone else who might be the dad, sorry to burst your bubble, but girls are shady!!

• 1 decade ago

If you go to court claiming you are the father, they will demand a DNA test. Are you sure you are the father? Maybe it is someones elses and she doesn't want to tell you she cheated on you.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

well first off i'm glad that ur man enough to wanna be in ur childs life and second keep calling her if u can never reach her then go to the court its ur child and you have the rights to take care of ur baby

oh yea n take a dna test in case its not urs.

• violet
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

It must have ended extremely bad for her to not want to have anything to do with you, especially since she is pregnant.... Makes me wonder whether you're worthy to be a father and whether she is protecting this child by not revealing her pregnancy. Either that or the baby is not yours, in which case its none of your business whether she's pregnant or not. In both instances I think she sounds like she knows what she's doing...

• 1 decade ago

Well if she wont talk to you, then I guess you would have to try the courts, and the way the court is, the fathers have little to no rights. Just try and apologize for whatever it is you all broke up over and just tell her how you feel..and if she still doesnt budge, take action...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.