Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Stripped to bare bones. Is it better now.?

"my prayer"

Tread this path

many times.

Forgot the pain

that still remains.

Wounded heart,

corroded soul,

prayers I cried

long ago.

No tomorrow,

yesterdays dead.

Favorite Answer

It's nice and tight. Very tight.

Add another syllable in the "long ago" line. My favorite line is "Corroded Soul." The fourth line is rather strained though, I would play around with it a little more. I didn't see your poem before, but I would recover at least some of the imagery to get your point accross better. Really great poem though.

I actually disagree. I do not think the line "long ago" should be lengthened. This is the syllable pattern I'm seeing:

3

3

4

4

3

4

3

3

4

4

Perhaps you may want to make the third two lines match up in syllables? It sounds fine the way it is though.

Nice poem......there is always hope for tomorrow:)

Good one. Yes "YESTERDAYS DEAD". And today Is here.

But "TOMORROW" will wait for us.