Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

abortion- murder or not?

is abortion murder? why or why not? I am 14, and just found out that i am pregnant..if i decide to aborde the baby is that the same thing as murder?

*******SECOND QUESTION*******

how long is abortion legal? i heard it was just your 1st trimester..and im 14 weeks so am i still in my first..or second??

Best Answer

Murder.

Although that baby isn't entirely conscious, they'll never have a chance to live and be as privileged as you.

Ignore the fact that I am a Christian for atleast five minutes. But, I read that you don't know what trimester you're in... well you're in your second trimester.

Listen to how they are going "solve your problem for you"

Dilation and Evacuation (D&E): between 13 to 24 weeks after LMP

This surgical abortion is done during the second trimester of pregnancy. At this point in pregnancy, the fetus is too large to be broken up by suction alone and will not pass through the suction tubing. In this procedure, the cervix must be opened wider than in a first trimester abortion. This is done by inserting numerous thin rods made of seaweed a day or two before the abortion. Once the cervix is stretched open the doctor pulls out the fetal parts with forceps. The fetus' skull is crushed to ease removal. A sharp tool (called a curette) is also used to scrape out the contents of the uterus, removing any remaining tissue.

Now according to some other posters, they believed that if your baby's skull was crushed, it is murder. Either way it doesn't equal life.

Would you want your skull crushed? I understand harsh situations, and had I been given all the information, I would have run with my baby far away from the person forcing me to abort it. I pay for it daily. Trust. But, if you are having second thoughts, you should probably look into adoption. There are places that can put you up for the whole 9 months and pay for your medical care so that you and baby can be fine and healthy.

Some women can never have children after abortions. If someday you suddenly decide you want children, you could be faced with all the "what-ifs" in the world. The guilt doesn't go away as easy as the baby.

Your pregnancy: 14 weeks

How your baby's growing:

This week's big developments: Your baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his thumb! Thanks to brain impulses, his facial muscles are getting a workout as his tiny features form one expression after another. His kidneys are producing urine, which he releases into the amniotic fluid around him — a process he'll keep up until birth. He can grasp, too, and if you're having an ultrasound now, you may even catch him sucking his thumb.

In other news: Your baby's stretching out. From head to bottom, he measures 3 1/2 inches — about the size of a lemon — and he weighs 1 1/2 ounces. His body's growing faster than his head, which now sits upon a more distinct neck. By the end of this week, his arms will have grown to a length that's in proportion to the rest of his body. (His legs still have some lengthening to do.) He's starting to develop an ultra-fine, downy covering of hair, called lanugo, all over his body. Your baby's liver starts making bile this week — a sign that it's doing its job right — and his spleen starts helping in the production of red blood cells. Though you can't feel his tiny punches and kicks yet, your little pugilist's hands and feet (which now measure about 1/2 inch long) are more flexible and active.

Doesn't sound like a thing to take lightly.

OH, and there is a vote going on to move abortion into it's own topic. Please vote so we can ease the pregnant women's nerves a little. I know it bugs me to constantly see it in the pregnancy section.http://suggestions.yahoo.com/detail/?prop=answers&...

I was in the same shoes as you at 14. I am 30 now. I am adopted, so I always thought I would never have an abortion. Although when you are 14 and find out you are pregnant it is very hard to think of doing anything other than aborting it. I was a busy teen and didn't want to take time out to have the baby and give it up. I thought what would everyone at school say as I got big. I needed out and abortion was my answer.

Looking back I am still okay with what I did. I don't have a life out there wondering why I gave it up. I also don't have to share the life with my ex.

I have 2 boys now ages 4 & 5 with baby #3 on the way. Have a child when it feels right to have one. No one has to know about your abortion if you have one. EVERYONE will know if you have the baby... even if you give it up for adoption. Plus your body will NEVER be the same again after having a baby.

Go do some soul searching and think about it. You can only do what is right for you. Everyone has an opinion, but your opinion is what matters the most.

I have a completely different opinion. I think you should talk to the important people in your life [parents, spiritual leaders, etc] and figure out where YOU stand. I am personally pro-choice. I think that there are too many factors to simplify abortion into murder or not murder. You are still in your first trimester. I support abortions performed in the first trimester. You are young, you have your whole life ahead of you. You need to decided what YOU can live with. Can you live with taking care of a child? Can you live with giving one up for adoption? Can you live with preventing the birth of something you created?

These are hard questions and you need to find the answer within yourself. Good luck and don't let anyone make you feel bad about your decisions!

Just make sure you don't make an impulsive decision either way.

• sB

If your 14 years old, in what world is it fair to make a child, an innocent baby pay for your own mistakes? Were you an accident? maybe your mom should have aborted you. You are a child. When i was 14, i wasnt even thinking about sex and the only girls that were are the ones that have a "reputation" and im not that old, im 23 so its not like it was 100 years ago. Maybe you should give the baby away to someone who wants it, and start using your head instead of your hormones. Do you have any nieces or nephews? do you have children that youre ever around? can you imagine sticking scissors in the back of thier head and sucking thier brains out and killing them off? yeah. pretty bad. Look up pictures....your baby probably already has fingernails. just like you. seriously, google pictures of abortions...its digusting and wrong. But really....its your choice. It is just mind boggling to me how these kids nowadays think NOTHING of having unprotected sex!! STDS! PREGNANCY. AIDS. THINK, jesus. You could be crying about aids right now.

• Boothe

abortion murder

Have you considered having the baby and keeping it? It will be tough though, and you will need support from your parents but it may be an option for you. Because in a way you have behaved as an adult, you will now need to think like one. Many people come into this world as "accidents", so don't feel bad about what has happened.

• Lamont

Murder

Tell your parents and your boyfriend and his parents. You cannot handle this on your own - you need help. You also need to be under good medical care.

Abortions have lasting results for anyone who has one. You could live with guilt for the rest of your life and a complication may cause you to lose your ability to carry a child in the future. Talk to a counselor at a crisis pregnancy care center. They will be able to tell you all of your options and give you counseling and advice. Usually in the phone book under "abortion" - although most would encourage you to consider having the baby or adoption.

Talk to your parents or a female member of the family whom you trust. If not - talk to a teacher or some adult at your school, or a friend's mom.

I have a 14 yr old daughter and I would hope she would come to me first with anything - I am sure your mom feels the same.

Best Wishes! I pray you do not consider abortion - it's not a real answer.

if your going to do it,do it while its still a embryo,i think when it gets to like 3months and over thats murder because its forming.you are 14 you have your whole life ahead of you if you cant take care of it and your familys not so well off that would prob be the best descision!most people that have a baby are not able to give it up for adoption because you start connecting with the baby the first time it kicks the ultrasound..so anyways if your going to do it hurry and get it done,u will probably have to go to counseling and stuff to get over it.but will be better in long run...then learn your lesson and dont have sex ever again!!!i hope your descision works good luck

If you have the slightest feeling that you'll regret aborting this baby? don't do it...If you have the support from your family, think about putting the baby for adaption. Many women are so desparate for adapting a baby because they can't bear one of their own. Research adoption agencies and you can actually get to choose who can raise your child.

Just don't do something you can't live with later on. Good Luck making the right decision for your situation.

It is a matter of opinion to anyone you ask.

My opinion is no. Can you raise this child and still get your education? If the answer is yes, are your parent's going to help you? Will the father of this child be able to help support this child? Will the father's parent's help support this child?

Let's say both of you and your parent's agree on putting the child up for adoption who's to say your child will be adopted. What if the child goes from one foster home to another, is abused along the way. We have many children that are in foster homes in the US and many people adopt outside of the US.

I will say this, you're too young to have been having sex and I hope you've learned from this experience.