Which is a better bike?

http://cgi.ebay.com/MOTOBECANE-ALUMINUM-CYCLO-CROS...

and how many gears is this one?

or...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item...

I'm looking for a bike to ride somewhat long distances. Something good enough for a 300 mile ride. I'm not a complete serious rider but do enjoy riding about every other night Thanks!

Favorite Answer

The Grand Record is the better bike. It has a better component group eventhough both are 27 speeds.

Check this website -

www.bikesdirect.com

They sell the same (and more options) bikes I beleive

They are owned by the same company as Motobecane use & Botecchia USA bikes also on Ebay.

Some are only sold on ebay....that's just ho they do it.

I you want a place you can call and ask questions - look up www.cyclespectrum.com store in Houston on 1960 - I beleive they will answer questions about those bikes -

Cycle spectrum and bikesdirect.com share some of the same owners and staff.

My wife has a Windsor Willow from them. It was really inexpensive and worth what we paid.

They also sell mercier road bikes - Ahhh ....steel.

If you have not riden a steel road bike.....you should check it out....before you make a decision.

a smoother ride kinda like carbon - but not as expensive and steel is indestructible.

and check out bikes at

www.performancebike.com

they have local stores in some cities too.

If you are not ridiing in a pack or with a team / pace line - Add clip on aero bars.....for our 300 mile ride - you will be glad you did. in a pace line they can get you a broken collar bone if you are not very experienced.

enjoy the moment...comfort is key to the 300 miler...go alluminum