Need your respond for this question about art?

Suppose you have done a completed art work (It can be anything). How would you evaluate that artwork? Were you successful? why or why not? what would you do differently if you had to the artwork over again?

Please answer. This is my survey. Thanks.

Favorite Answer

I'd evaluate my work based on my intent. For example, a problem I've had with my drawings lately is that I rendered my figures well, but was unable to get the values dark enough. I tried a different medium and achieved the contrast and dark values I'd wanted. However, because of the medium, the amount of detail in rendering the figure has diminished.

I looked at the well-rendered drawings that needed the value punched up and the drawings with really rich darks that lacked refined, detailed rendering and had to decide what worked (whether intended or not), what didn't work, and what could be done (if anything) to improve them or to improve on whatever breakthroughs I may have achieved with the recent works.

These questions are from an art project self-evaluation form. No one can answer them for you. Art is personal. YOU need to look at what you created and be honest. Even if you feel your art is unsuccessful, this is something you have learned about the process and many people believe art is about the process not the product. You have a teacher who understands art is self-expression, it's a learning process because as you do art you learn about yourself. Only you can express what you've done with art and whether you were successful or not. You must have a very good teacher.

So ask yourself: What do you like about the art? What don't you like about it? Does it look like you expected it look before you started? Why not? What would you do differently? Did you enjoy doing the project? Why or why not? Talk about the process: Was it fun to paint? Did you like the smoothness? But the painting didn't turn out because...? Did you hate working with scissors because they were uncomfortable? Did you hate doing clay because it was just dirty? Did you love doing the clay project because you could mold things with your hand and didn't have to be perfect? Do you wish you would have made that shape red? Do you wish you didn't put that line there? Was it frustrating? Was it fun? Why? Why not?

If you've learned so little about yourself while doing the art project and can't answer the self-evaluation questions, you should flunk...they aren't that hard.

Once I draw or paint something, I never try to repeat it. I put a lot of time and hard work into what I do. I might do something with a similar feel or scenery but it is never the exact same. I always try to do something new. I don't consider it unsuccessful even if I mess up because every time we create something we learn from it and it reflects who we were at that point in time.

i began out analyzing Tang Soo Do in 1997. In 2004 i replaced into compelled to pass and are available across a clean studio. I tryed numerous distinctive varieties, yet none utilized each and every of the talents I found out in Tang Soo Do, so i eventually discovered a place with Tang Soo Do. So after experimenting in arts i might choose to income as an extra complementary tension, Tang Soo Do is my well known, as of now. =)

I would evaluate my work by, how happy I am with the piece, wether the piece was what I wanted it to look like, and what I'm trying to illustrate with the piece.

Are you asking me to evaluate my art in this, your wording confused me.

"Art is working on something until YOU like it then leaving it alone". Fred Babb artist

I agree you work at it until you are satisfied...then quit and frame it.