What qualifies Sen. Obama?
1. Good Government, Responsible Spending - Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act Senator Obama worked closely with Senator Coburn, to draft and ultimately pass the Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act. President Bush signed this measure into law in September of 2006.
2. Senator Obama introduced the Iraq War De-escalation Act in January 2007. He opposes funding for the war in Iraq that does not immediately begin the responsible removal of our troops from Iraq, with a clear timeline and end-date for this drawdown.
3. Foreign Policy -As a member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Senator Obama has fought to strengthen America's position in the world by reaching across the aisle in an effort to prevent nuclear terrorism and weapons proliferation, stop the genocide in Darfur, and reduce global poverty.
4. Environment -As a member of the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee in the 109th Congress, Senator Obama worked to ensure our nation's environmental laws and policies balance America's needs for a healthy, sustainable environment with economic growth. He will continue to push for sound environmental policies with his colleagues in the 110th Congress.
5. Education -As a member of the Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions (HELP) Committee, Senator Obama is committed to providing every American with the opportunity to receive a quality education from pre-kindergarten to college or vocational school to job retraining programs.
6. Veterans - As a member of the Senate Veterans' Affairs Committee, Senator Obama is committed to helping the heroes who defend our nation today and the veterans who fought in years past.
7. Ethics and Lobbying Reform -Throughout his political career, Barack Obama has fought for open and honest government. As an Illinois State Senator, he helped pass the state’s first major ethics reform bill in 25 years. And as a U.S. Senator, he has spearheaded the effort to clean up Washington in the wake of numerous scandals.
Please do your research, before you attempt to slander people.