Anonymous
Anonymous asked in 社會與文化語言 · 1 decade ago

名文介紹文章(英文)

請提供幾篇英文文章供選擇

介紹一位名人

明星,藝人,政治人物,環保人事,動物保護...

都可...

(演講稿用 唸起來差不多2分鐘長即可)

對不起喔><

要的是"名人"

是介紹人~~

Rating
    Favorite Answer

1.

Thomas Alva Edison (February 11, 1847 – October 18, 1931) was an American inventor and businessman who developed many devices that greatly influenced life around the world, including the phonograph and a long lasting light bulb. Dubbed "The Wizard of Menlo Park" by a newspaper reporter, he was one of the first inventors to apply the principles of mass production to the process of invention, and therefore is often credited with the creation of the first industrial research laboratory.

Edison is considered one of the most prolific inventors in history, holding 1,093 U.S. patents in his name, as well as many patents in the United Kingdom, France and Germany.

2.

Thomas Edison died on October 18, 1931, in his home, "Glenmont" in Llewellyn Park in West Orange, New Jersey, which he had purchased in 1886 as a wedding gift for Mina.[49]

Mina died in 1947. Edison's last breath is reportedly contained in a test tube at the Henry Ford Museum. Ford reportedly convinced Charles Edison to seal a test tube of air in the inventor's room shortly after his death, as a memento. A plaster death mask was also made.

3.

Life magazine (USA), in a special double issue, placed Edison first in the list of the "100 Most Important People in the Last 1000 Years," noting that the light bulb he promoted "lit up the world." He was ranked thirty-fifth on Michael H. Hart's list of the most influential figures in history. In 1940, his life was documented on the screen when Spencer Tracy starred as Edison in Edison, The Man." He has been called the fifteenth Greatest American.

愛迪生的, 1 是他的生平, 2.是他的死亡 3.是人們對他的評價

你自己斟酌一下 如果太常了 2. 可以去掉, 再長的話 3. 再去掉

Hello ladys and gentlemens:

today i would like to talk about healthy:Do you think health is better than wealth? I think both are identically important.

If you are healthy, you can do whatever you want to do, you can travel to anywhere. Contrarily, if you are wealthy and not healthy, you would have no ability to do those things what you want to do. However, if you need to choose one of them?

It is the most important thing to have a healthy body because you don’t need to spend a lot of money on medicine. The most important thing is the meaning of these things, but you are healthy and wealthy, that is the best situation, because you can make more money to spend in your life.

If you are rich but unhealthy, you still can buy good medicine to stay healthy. But if you have money it can’t help you healthy for ever. You are wealthy; you can use the money to help the poor people. Then many people will like you then make friend with you. Besides, you can enjoy your money with your family.,Being rich is not the only thing in our life. For example; having poor friends is much more valuable.

I think healthy is more important to me, because if I am rich but I am not healthy, I can’t live long enough to spend my money and it wastes the money. After all, if you are healthy, you can live longer and earn more money.

So in my opinion I think healthy is better than wealthy~

2008-04-27 14:26:11 補充:

我可以再寄給你一份完整版!

so..如果你覺得這個不夠好

請給我你的E-mail謝~

但如果夠好那就用吧~

祝你得名

Source(s): i study in nz