Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 1 decade ago

How can I find out who the members of the electoral college are in California?

or other states too, how much they make and what the requirements are to be one and how they get that position.

Update:

PS - i've been googling for months with no luck.

Update 2:

I don't really care about the new guys coming in in October or Nov. I just want to know who they are NOW :) names please! of all of them. is that too much to ask? I can't find one anywhere.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

CALIFORNIA – 55 electoral votes cast by the following Electors (in alphabetical order, by last name):

Franklin A. Acevedo

Joe Baca Jr.

Paul Batterson

Andrew Benjamin

Adele Bihn

Moreen Blum

James G. Bohm

Pedro Carillo

Michael Carpenter

Kenneth Costa

Joseph Cotchett

Darrell Darling

Rocco Davis

Amarjit Dhaliwal

Chloe Drew

Yolanda Dyer

James T. Ewing

Louise Giacoppe

PaulL Goldenberg

Grant Gruber

Douglas E. Hitchcock

Mark Hsu

C. Paul Johnson

David Johnson

Barbara Kerr

Susan Koehler

Marvin Kropke

N. Mark Lam

Margaret Lawrence

Ted Lieu

Donald Linker M.D.

Chuck Lowery

Diana Madoshi

Robert H. Manley

George Marcus

Valerie McDonald

Randy Monroe

Gwen Moore

Mitch O'Farrell

Gary Prost

Barbara Pyle

Mary Salas

Salvador Sanchez

Paula Sandusky

Barbara Schraeger

Lane M. Sherman

Andrew M. Siegel

Gary Simmons

Karl Slifer

John Smith

Kyriakos Tsakopoulos

Lynda Von Husen

Karen Waters

Lenore Wax

Adam Woo

These Electors were chosen by Congressional Representatives and US Senators, and are (were) not compensated for their endeavors. I had originally just copy/pasted the same info RetroRay pulled from the government web site. But then your updated/clarified question made the above data seem more relevant to your search. Hope this works for you!

Cupcake: If you would like phone numbers and addresses, or satellite imagery of residences, please let me know! ;o)

• 1 decade ago

Sounds like you have a couple of good answers. If your not satisfied with them, you might try looking for the Secretary of State for California, and /or the Board of Elections... No promises, but it might be another approach to try... especially if you are Googling...!!!

Good Luck!

• 1 decade ago

California (from the website of the California Secretary of State):

"On or before October 1 of the presidential election year, each party's nominee must file a list containing the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of the 55 electors pledged to him/her. Each party determines its own method for selecting electors.

In the Democratic Party, each congressional nominee and each US Senate nominee (determined by the last two elections) designates one elector.

In the Republican Party, the nominees for governor, lieutenant governor, treasurer, controller, attorney general, secretary of state, United States Senators (again, going back two elections) the Senate and Assembly GOP leaders, all elected officers of the GOP state central committee, the national committeeman and committeewoman, the president of the GOP county central committee chairmen's organization and the chair or president of each GOP volunteer organization officially recognized by the state central committee act as electors.

American Independent party electors are selected at the party's nominating convention."

The Green, Libertarian, Natural Law, and Peace & Freedom parties also select their respective electors at each party's nominating convention; these parties also specify a 50/50 ratio of men and women.

No incumbent Senators, congressional representatives or persons holding an office of trust or profit of the United States can serve as electors.

Electors are not paid to act as electors.

For more information regarding California's processes for selecting electors, please see:

http://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/elections_ec.htm

Names of 2004 Electors:

For the names of electors from the 2004 Presidential election, please see:

http://www.archives.gov/federal-register/electoral...

Electoral College:

For more information regarding the Electoral College, please see:

and

• 1 decade ago

google

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.