How do you write a refusal letter to the colleges that accepted you?

I am having difficulty writing to accepted colleges that I cannot attend their college. If anybody could show me a sample letter on how to do that , I would appreciate it.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

This is what I wrote when I rejected my acceptance from a school:

To whom it may concern:

Thank you for your generous offer of acceptance and funding into (Schools name)s (name of program) Program. It was a difficult decision to make, but I have decided to decline your offer of admission and financial support. I have chosen to pursue my graduate career at the (School's Name).

I sincerely appreciate you taking your time to correspond with me and for your kindness and hospitality during the recruitment weekend.

Again, I thank you for you consideration.

Sincerely,

(your name)

Hope this helps you out!

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

College Rejection Letter Sample

• 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

How do you write a refusal letter to the colleges that accepted you?

I am having difficulty writing to accepted colleges that I cannot attend their college. If anybody could show me a sample letter on how to do that , I would appreciate it.

Source(s): write refusal letter colleges accepted you: https://bitly.im/dQ9Jv
  • Sandra
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

I used to be on DeviantArt everyday until the nude women "artists" took over. Even if it isn't the entirety of your work, it appears to be if you only have a few other things. And quite frankly, it's annoying. It's like showing everyone "Hey, I like women!" and trying to pass it off as art. I'm not saying you should not have any female nudes. But the majority of your work should be VARIED, and unique. Which females nudes are not! They are possibly the most cliche things ever in the art world, been done to death since the beginning of art history (but back then people had the foresight to have sweet backgrounds and themes. Whereas nowadays so many "artists" are trying to pass their sexual attraction off as more than it is.).

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Many schools have a form or website for you to fill out--your acceptance letter or the admissions website will usually state how they prefer students to withdraw their acceptance. If they don't, just write something short and sweet like the above poster did....people agonize about this, but keep in mind that it's just going to be processed by an overworked secretary....you're not going to hurt his/her feelings.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I am grateful for your consideration and acceptance. Unfortunately, I have made other plans.

Thank you for your time and attention.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.