Why should Christians be able to decide who is a Jew?

Why do some Christians think that if they want to call themselves a Jew they can even though their is a strictly defined process for conversion that none of these "Jews" have gone through. Now I've had Christians telling me I'm mean and against freedom of religion when I say that Christians are... show more Why do some Christians think that if they want to call themselves a Jew they can even though their is a strictly defined process for conversion that none of these "Jews" have gone through.

Now I've had Christians telling me I'm mean and against freedom of religion when I say that Christians are not Jews.

So why should a random Christian be able to say that the rabbis are wrong and a Jew that worships Jesus is an apostate? If they were actually a Jew before converting. If they weren't, then the rabbis do not consider them Jews at all.

So someone please tell me why they get to decide who is a member of another religion that they do not belong to?