Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How do i work this out???

Hey guys i hear that $600 check the govt is supposed to be giving out is starting to be deposited in peoples bank accounts that had their tax return direct deposited. But I dont want it deposited in my certain baank account, for personal reasons. So what do i need to do?


Can i set up a seperate account at that bank, like a savings, and have them deflect it into that account?

3 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    You'll have to ask your bank to reject the ACH transfer when it arrives. They might be willing to do that. If they're not, you'll have to close the account to prevent the transfer. Bear in mind that if the transfer is rejected it will take a month or more for the IRS to re-flow your rebate for payment by check.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    The IRS could only turn off the direct deposit if you contacted them before 4/13.

  • 1 decade ago

    Straighten out the personal reason ... it's on its way soon

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.