Why are lobbyist still allowed in the government??

Update:

Then why can't we outlaw lobbysit who's goal is to make a profit and not improve society??

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

There are all kinds of lobbyist. The word gets a bad name because of the most prominent ones--such as oil, union, greenpeace, etc. But there are lobbyists for cancer research, children's hospitals...you name it, there is probably a lobby group for it. You shouldn't be so quick to be down on lobbyist, they are exercising their free speech right to talk to their representatives. If you and some of your neighbors had a concern and went to harrasse the mayor on a daily basis, would that not make you a lobbyist? And would it not be your right to do so? Besides, think of lobbyists as saving the tax payers money. After all, they gives million in campaign contributions, but very rarely get anything they want. Look at the oil companies. Everyone says they are "paying off politicians". Well, if that's the case, why are they still getting screwed with taxes? Don't fear a lobbyist...they're nothing.

• Carol2 years agoReport

then instead of not having lobbyist maybe the lobbyist should not use their money to support their causes. I mean
      big money which to me is big corporations that the political people want so they can stay in office. to corrupt for me.
      Its always about money. and power which helps to creates greed

• 1 decade ago

First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution which prohibits Congress from making any law which abridges the right of the people to petition the government for a redress of grievances. It does not specify the vehicle used or the form the petition must take.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The lobbyist represents who OWNS America...so allowed? You allow the owner to do what they want...

• 1 decade ago

They have lots of money. Money buys influence. And lawyers that find way around laws.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

well someone has to take the phone calls

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.