science fiction book?

I have to read a science fiction book for school.

Know any good ones that arnt to long?

Update:

+ briefly what its about if possible

Update 2:

also..prefrablly not about space.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Alex
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Dune by Frank herbert.

• 1 decade ago

"The Time Machine" or "War of the Worlds" by HG Wells. Both are short, and HG Wells is the Father of Science Fiction.

I second the "Dune" and "Ender's Game" recommendations, too.

But the best SF book I've ever read is "Stranger in a Strange Land" by Robert Heinlein.

• 1 decade ago

Try Robert Heinlein's The Sixth Column. It's about a small hold-out group of humans trying to break Earth free of alien dominion.

• 1 decade ago

Running Out of Time by Margaret Peterson Haddix

Double Identity by Margaret Peterson Haddix

Turnabout by Margaret Peterson Haddix

Things Not Seen by Andrew Clements

A Wrinkle In Time

That's all I could think of right now...

Happy reading! :)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

you want the autumn Revolution series of books by potential of Ken McLeod - extremely the 1st one, The megastar Fraction, that's set in a no longer-too-distant destiny the place England is fractured into hundreds of mini-states - areas of London are anarchist, areas are fundamentalist Christian, and so forth. the 2nd, The Stone Canal, is set even extra interior the destiny on a international which could be defined as anarcho-syndicalist.

• 1 decade ago

Enders Game, it is the best book ever written and is science fiction

• sean e
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Out of the Silent Planet, C.S. Lewis (The guy that wrote the Chronicles of Narnia.)

• 1 decade ago

The invisible man.

It's kind of old, but it's short, it's not about space, and you already know what it's about.

Besides, your teacher will probably be thrilled that you picked a "classic".

Teachers are funny that way.

• 1 decade ago

Stranger in a Strange Land. About a martian in earth...learning our society and culture...then taking over...

• 1 decade ago

A Wrinkle in Time is pretty good and short - it's also really easy to read, so if ur in HS idk if they will let u read it, but u can ask

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.