Was Scientology really Made up By a Sci-fi Writer named L.Ron Hubbard?... If it was, Why do people follow ...?

it as a Religion? Are there really that many Naive People in the world?
Update: Elizabeth...

LOL....."Liz-ism" Ild follow you... Can the Church be Based in Hawaii, and surfing every weekend be part of the sacriments?
Update 2: See, for everyone comparing Scientology, to Other more Established Ideologies... I dont Think any faith has it IN their Scriptures that you must give your Money to the Faith... and From what i understand, Scientology DOES.
Update 3: Now Churches ASK for Money.. but I dont Think any Faith But Scientology has it in its Doctrine that you must give money.
Update 4: Edit: Roadkill SHUSH! Its not a religeous question persay lol. I dont know anything about Scientology or its members, i mean i know Cruise and travolta are into it and Isaac hayes left Southpark and Took "Chef" with him because he's into it and they made fun of Cruise.. But other than that i... show more Edit:

Roadkill SHUSH!

Its not a religeous question persay lol. I dont know anything about Scientology or its members, i mean i know Cruise and travolta are into it and Isaac hayes left Southpark and Took "Chef" with him because he's into it and they made fun of Cruise.. But other than that i knew Nothing till today my mom was saying "It was created by a Sci-fi writer named L.Ron Hubbard" and i was like "No Fvckin WAY!" And she said how it involves ALiens and The Souls of Aliens inhabiting the bodies of chosen people and i just HAD to ask about it.