What address do i send my tax returns to if i live outside the US?

i've lived in Japan for 4 years and i found out this year that i am suppose to file for every year...but where do i send it...i made under the taxable amount..so i don't have to pay taxes...just file...

3 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

    From the IRS:

    International Services:

    If you are a taxpayer who lives outside the United States, the IRS has full-time permanent staff in 4 U.S. embassies and consulates. These offices have tax forms and publications, can help you with account problems, and answer your questions about notices and bills. You can reach these offices at the following telephone numbers, which include country or city codes if you are outside the local dialing area.

    If you are calling about an e-file issue and it is not account related, please contact the

    e-help Austin at 512-416-7750. Assistors are available from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Central time, Monday through Friday.

    City Address Phone/FAX

    Frankfurt IRS

    U. S. Consulate Frankfurt

    Giessener Str. 30

    60435 Frankfurt am Main Tel: [49] (69) 7535-3834

    FAX: [49] (69) 7535-3803

    M-F 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. (Closed U.S. and German Holidays)


    Internal Revenue Service

    United States Embassy

    24/31 Grosvenor Square

    London W1A 1AE

    United Kingdom Walk-In assistance

    Tuesday through Thursday

    9:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.

    Phone Service

    Tel: [44] (207) 894-0476

    9 a.m. to Noon. Monday through Friday

    FAX: [44] (207) 495-4224

    Paris United States Embassy/IRS

    2 Avenue Gabriel

    75382 Paris Cedex 08, France

    Walk-In assistance 9:00 a.m.- noon

    Phone service: M-F 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.

    Tel. [33] (01) 4312-2555

    Fax: [33] (01) 4312-2303

    The IRS offices listed can answer your federal income tax questions, help with account and refund problems, and assist with the preparation of current and prior year tax returns. IRS trained volunteers are also available at some embassy/consulate locations. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please contact one of our IRS offices. Taxpayers located outside the U.S. may also contact the IRS by mail at:

    Internal Revenue Service

    P.O. Box 920

    Bensalem, PA 19020

    Or you may telephone or FAX the Philadelphia Service Center office at:

    Tel: 215-516-2000 (not toll-free)

    Fax: 215-516-2555

    Phone service available from 6:00 am to 11:00 pm (EST) M-F

  • 1 decade ago

    Follow this link: http://www.irs.gov/file/article/0,,id=105055,00.ht... for a list of where to file. If you are military living in Japan, you will use the Austin filing center to send in your return.

  • 1 decade ago

    It depends on the state of your home resident. You can use the link below to find out where to file.


Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.