Do you remember the movie Sweet Hostage with Linda Blair and Martin Sheen?

I saw it years ago and don't remember much about it other than Martin Sheen kidnapped Linda Blair and then she ends up falling in love with him or something. It was a made for TV movie I think. Do you remember it? Did you like it?

Fright Film Fan - Trilogy of Terror was one of my brothers favorites. He used to wake me up whenever it was on so we could watch it.

Roger - No, it was definitely not Dirk Benedict in the film I am talking about.

Favorite Answer

...having grown up during the classic golden era of the made-for-television movies, like this compelling and powerful T.V. drama, I have my absolute favorites, along with "Sweet Hostage", like "Born Innocent" (also Linda Blair), "Hey, I'm Alive!" (Ed Asner & Sally Struthers), "The Missing Are Deadly" (Leonard Nimoy), "Savages" (Andy Griffith), "Don't Be Afraid of the Dark" (Kim Darby & Jim Hutton), "Roll, Freddy, Roll" (Tim Conway), "The Girl Most Likely To..." (Ed Asner & Stockard Channing), "Trilogy of Terror" (Karen Black, and one gawd-awful & butt-ugly Zuni Warrior Fetish Doll), "Where Have All The People Gone", and many, many more....

...point of interest: Linda Blair's then-boyfriend was actor/singer/songwriter Rick Springfield, and she had reportedly envisioned the "Sweet Hostage" project as a vehicle for the both of them; when Springfield was dropped, in favor of Martin Sheen, and she had a chance to work with him, I guess that she was blown away, both professionally and amourously.....

....knowing what mark that Martin Sheen would eventually make on the cinematic world, I guess we ALL were pretty much blown away....especially with this performance, and early performances like "The Little Girl Who Lived Down the Lane", which he did with fledgling actress Jodie Foster, and "Badlands", which he starred with Sissy Spacek (...in a film which semi-ironically predates director Oliver Stone's "Natural Born Killers".....ironic in a sense that Stone was a directer, whom Martin Sheen would wrought some of his best work, and an Oscar nod, as well)....

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): remember movie sweet hostage linda blair martin sheen: https://tr.im/pEwpx

I recall it vividly. Unfortunately, it's one of those that never seemed to get aired again. Some I especially enjoyed are:

My Sweet Charlie~Patty Duke and Al Freeman, Jr. (if I recall correctly)

The Bermuda Depths~This is definitely a cult film although many people haven't figured out what film they're looking for! I was old enough to recall the title and have a rare videotaped copy of this haunting SF/fantasy/horror film.

That Certain Summer~groundbreaking film with Hal Holbrook and Martin Sheen

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark~Kim Darby stalked by the "little people" from the basement

Don't Go to Sleep~extremely creepy film about haunting and possession

Trilogy of Terror~THE best is "Amelia", with the fetish doll that they had to drop the "Zuni" from when he made his return in "Trilogy of Terror 2". It's not anywhere near has frightening as the first one! Luckily, I have a good copy of this.

Sandcastles~Bonnie Bedelia and Jan-Michael Vincent

Tribes~Remember hippie Jan-Michael Vincent vs. drill sergeant Darren McGavin? I have that one taped, too.

Also, there's: Killdozer; A Cold Night's Death; Welcome Home, Johnny Bristol; The Love War; Night Slaves; and all of those wonderful miniseries that no one reruns, from when they had the Novels for Television program.

NOTE: The movie with Linda Blair and Dirk Benedict is "Ruckus". Watch it, and you'll see why I think of "Rambo" as a ripoff!

• klines

Sweet Hostage

• Nancy

The Departed

It wasn't Martin Sheen it was Dirk Benedict and was a Vietnam Vet in the movie

i loved it!!!!!!!!!!

almost like the chase with charlie sheen and kristy swanson