Sid Meier's RailRoads...Can you stop it from crashing??

I have the game "Sid Meir's RailRoads!" and i cant keep the program from crashing on my computer. Its a great computer and runs fine with out any other types of slowdowns. I have set all the setting's on the game to low (others suggested i do this to maybe prevent the problem), but just the other day it acted up again. Another thing is that my PC's disk drive is verticle (facing straight down instead of side to side) and i thought that may be the problem, however due to space restrictions I am unable to move it. Any help would be great and my thanks goes out to anyone else who has helped in fixing this problem.

Best Answer

I've been having the same problems and researching the issue via google. The only thing that I've found is that the game has an issue with the computer's memory as it requires 2 gigs to run. Even though your computer may have 2 gigs the game requries ALL of it to run, so any programs running in the background will kill it... which is pretty likely.

Apparently I've seen a fix for it, but i've tried it and don't understand it one bit. If you google it you will find the same thing. The fix is a download that for some reason doesn't work for me either, and not only that but it's a manual fix. I consider myself to be an intermediate to expert dealing with PCs but the fix directions just don't make any sense at all.

I don't know though it seems as if Sid isn't working on the issue bc the patch is old and there hasn't been a new one since. The only thing I would guess to do is to buy more RAM, which I won't do because I think it's pretty retarded to buy more RAM for 1 game.

Sorry I don't have the answer, but I hoped I helped reassure you that you're not alone in your frustrations.