Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPoetry · 1 decade ago

Writing a poem..involving Häagen-Dazs. Needs rhyming words?

I'm wrighting a poem about how upset teen girls get when they go through a heartbreakking situation (like getting dumped lol)

I need a word that rhymes with Häagen-Dazs. Impossible..?

So far its

Sitting on the couch,

huddled into a slouch,

with tear stained cheeks

that could last for weeks,

she sits with a tub of Häagen-Dazs,

I know its not that great, and its sorta corny, but its for a card I'm making for my little sister, she just got dumped lol. She's just 12, so it can't be anything too serious. I was thinking the line after that could be "watching nothing but the wizard of oz" but that doesn't really make sense, since its not much of a heartbreak-repair movie.. any help?

Favorite Answer

Here are all you're rhyming matches according to rhymezone.com.

If you don't like any of them b/c they're kind of random , maybe you could change it to something like:

she sits with a tub of Häagen-Dazs and a spoon.

Actually that's pretty horrific and long, but like I said maybe just change it around.

Anyway, I hope your sister's doing ok and it's really sweet that you're doing this for her.

1 syllable:

aase, blas, bos, boss, bosse, bras, clos, crosse, floss, foss, fosse, gosse, grosse, haas, haase, haass, hahs, hasse, hoss, klaas, klos, kos, las, maass, mohs, os, pos, ross, ross', rosse, vohs, vos, vyas, wass

2 syllables:

abbas, alsace, demoss, devoss, hamas, hamas', hammas, hammas', kiryas, kjos, lacoss, lafosse, straw boss, tomas, trail boss, vanoss

3 syllables:

betsy ross, dental floss, genus bos, party boss, semigloss

5 syllables:

betsy griscom ross, political boss

Make something up. There are no rules to poetry so you can always make things up. Try something like this:

Sitting on the couch,

huddled into a slouch,

with tear stained cheeks

that could last for weeks,

she sits with a tub of Häagen-Dazs,

head to toe with laminez

with a mouth full of magens

It's not impossible, but tricky indeed. My only suggestion would to make something up, many poets do it and people won't even notice it's not a real word. Good luck!

If your sister knows spanish, the word ma`s means more. Boss, Floss, Loss (that is a good one), Ross, Toss, Sause, Moss, all sort of rhyme with Dazs. I hope Your sister cheers up!

Peace Out

Bishop Abel Muzorewa

• afton

Nick Parker and David Lewis posted the same question. You should read the answers side by side.

LOL