Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 1 decade ago

Sisters do you wear Jilbab?

I see some sisters wearing khimar but not jilbab?

why is that even though they're both fard.

'oh prophet tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (jalabeb) all over their bodies' (Al Ahzab: 59)

it has been narrated from Umm Attiya (ra) who said; the messenger of Allah (saw) ordered us to bring out the young women, the menstrating women and veiled women for the two eid festivals. Menstrating women were to keep from prayer, yet witnessing the goodness and dawah to Muslims, I asked, 'Oh Messenger of Allah what about the one who does not have a jilbab? He(saw) said 'let her barrow the jilbab of her sister' as in she cant go out without one.

'To draw their cloaks (jilbabs) all over their bodies' Al ahzab:59

why not lil'star?

Favorite Answer

ur right sister...me and my mom were just talking about how so many lectures emphasize hijab but they do not include in the lecture what exactly the hijab is...i do wear the abayah, khimar, whatever u call it..and the niqaab alhamdulillah...

Muslimahs should realize that just because ur wearing pants and a loose shirt that it means you are making hijab...

I cover totally :) apart from my eyes~!

I think it comes down to the interpretation some say it is okay as long as you are covered with loose clothing, but for me that didn't work as one can still see the shape of your body whilst being outside the house~! Another point some may not be aware of it as when I wore Hijab newly I dressed the way I wanted too (lol not a good thing) but Alhamdulillah after studying properly I realized I should be fully covered once out the house hence I acted upon it~!

May Allah (swt) guide us all :)

I just wear the hijab which I've only been wearing since last September. But that's only coz my dad would go nuts if I started wearing the jilbab. He already got so angry when I wore the hijab. I'm gonna have to start some time though... But I'm dreading it!

Yes

• A K

Yep I wear jilab/Abayah:)...with a normal scarf but it can't be short and has to cover:) wow mashallah some of you sisters here were nicab:). Aww really my Royee may allah make it easier for you sister, ameen. X

i dont and neither do my family wear hijab or jilbab..but that does not mean we're not muslim. we stil pray and fast and act like muslims...its jus not in our culture to wear it. But inshallah someday i might.

yeah i wear hijab

sometimes i wear jilbab sometimes abaya

full hijaab for me....except the eyes

Alhamdullilah

• Dan

Of course? don't you?