What's your immediate response when I say "Internal Revenue Service"?

Positive or negative - or anything in between. Please explain.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

• Royael
    Favorite Answer

My first reaction is to put my hands in the air, as one would do when being robbed at gun point. Why? Because they take what ever amount of money from me that they want. (Just like the mafia taking money from the neighborhood grocery store)

If I am unable to pay on time, they will freeze my (almost zero balance) checking account, garnish my minimal wages, or even (if they wanted to) even through me in jail. (If you don't pay the mafia, they will kick your butt just like the IRS)

The IRS charges high interest & fees which are compounded daily-Just like the mafia.

I was reading the IRS's PUBLICATION 17 and on page 89 they list which income must be reported! THIS IS NOT A JOKE. Publication 17 was written by our federal government and they mean business.

Believe it or not, if you steal something, you must report the value of what you stole on your 1040. If you accept a bribe, this must be reported on your 1040. If you receive a kick back, this must be reported on your 1040 and if you made money illegally (such as the sale of illegal drugs), this too must be reported PER THE IRS/UNCLE SAM.

Failure to report these various incomes could lead to tax evasion charges!

So tell me what is the difference between the IRS & the Mafia? Put your hands up in the air, because you owe taxes-this is a stick up.

• cheeky

Infernal Revenue Service!

That I am sick of being taxed to death and that my family deserves more of our money back that the government has taken from our paychecks!

I know it isn't their fault, but I think most people associate the IRS with negative feelings.

Immediate response - that you live in the states. I live in the uk, but still have the same 'problem' only under a different name.....

• Jen M

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Do I need to explain the horror of figuring out how to do the taxes.

• Cayman islands

Positive if I'm getting a refund check

Negative if I'm getting audited.

Dang dong taxes, always new taxes. I'm tired of all the taxes we have to pay out of our little pay checks to the government. LMAO

Another corrupt political beaurcracy.

Taxation without FAIR AND HONEST representation....

Collection agency.