What would be the best Graphics Card for me???

Hey i have:

HP Pavilion a1600n

Windows XP Media Center Edition

2.00 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core

ASUSTek Computer INC. NODUSM3 1.05

3008 RAM Memory

NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE

Realtek High Definition Audio

17" Monitor

I was wondering what would be the best graphics card for me. I am on a tight budget ($100). I would use the card for mostly games ( battle field, war rock, project torque, test drive unlimited). Thanks alot :)--|--<

Best Answer

well im guessing your computer has a pci-express slot on the motherboard.

pci-e is a slot that is dedicated to graphics cards.

its currently the fastest slot for graphics cards.

becfore pci-e there was agp

accelerated graphics something

it is still used by a small amount of people and therefore they still make agp cards despite being almost completely phased out.

im pretty sure that grahics card is intergrated so you will have to disable it at the time of physically install a new graphics card.

im pretty sure ur computer has pci so i reccomend the NVIDIA GeFORCe 8600gt its midrange and its dropping with the new release of the nvidia 9800 whichhas cause the 8800 to fall now everyone is buy them.

8600gt will vary from 90-120 but u should be able to get 100 from a online seller like ebay, where i got my 8600gt

dont bothre getting a gts, they are slightly better with like doule the price.

some spe cs you might find on a god 8600gt

512mb ddr2 mem

128 bit

good luck

contact me at chillyphillydabomb@hotmail.com for further assitance

read ur manuel also!!

from what i see, i would say that the evga 8600 GT 512mb GDDR3 being the perfect one for you.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N8...

right now, there is a rebate that makes the card $99, so you should buy it quickly before its over. but you need to pay $129 first then rebate, but its well worth it.

the 8600gt 512 mb would be the best for you ma boy