I just got my American Citizenship and would like to petition for my sister Nurse in U.K?

I would love to have my family closer, especially my sister who has been a registered nurse for over 15 years. Is it possible to pettion for her to get a green card as she has a high demand career training. How long would it take??? Please answer only if you know about this topic. Thanks.

Favorite Answer

docar is right, if you petition for her it could take about 10 years or more. having a hospital sponsor her would be much faster, not to sound racist but i am ceratin a lot of hospitals would really love to have her, as they are mostly able to recruit nurses from the Philippines and or India and i hear that a lot of patients complain of not being able to understand them, even though they all speak english.

It will likely take more than 12 years to get your sister to the USA if you do a sibling petition! (People that petitioned 12 years ago are only getting them today) You should see if she can get a work permit in the USA instead. Her training and experience makes her a valuable asset and she might be able to find someone to sponsor her.

It would probably be easier to get her in as a nurse. Check around to Hospitals in your area and see where the shortage is. See if they are willing to sponser her.

contact an immigration lawyer