I just got my American Citizenship and would like to petition for my sister Nurse in U.K?

I would love to have my family closer, especially my sister who has been a registered nurse for over 15 years. Is it possible to pettion for her to get a green card as she has a high demand career training. How long would it take??? Please answer only if you know about this topic. Thanks.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

docar is right, if you petition for her it could take about 10 years or more. having a hospital sponsor her would be much faster, not to sound racist but i am ceratin a lot of hospitals would really love to have her, as they are mostly able to recruit nurses from the Philippines and or India and i hear that a lot of patients complain of not being able to understand them, even though they all speak english.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It will likely take more than 12 years to get your sister to the USA if you do a sibling petition! (People that petitioned 12 years ago are only getting them today) You should see if she can get a work permit in the USA instead. Her training and experience makes her a valuable asset and she might be able to find someone to sponsor her.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It would probably be easier to get her in as a nurse. Check around to Hospitals in your area and see where the shortage is. See if they are willing to sponser her.

• 1 decade ago

contact an immigration lawyer

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.