What did the greek goddess, Atalanta wear?

She was faster than everyone, and was beat by someone, using golden apples.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

She was not a goddess, just a heroic lady. Homer says she beat Achilles' father Peleus in wrestling. She is listed as one of the Argonauts, but we hear of no specific deeds she did on that voyage. She hunted the Calydonian Boar and was awarded the prize by Meleager for being first to draw blood from it. This led to his death, but she had a son by him named Parthenopaeus who was a giant and was killed in the 7 against Thebes war. She offered to marry any man who could outrun her. Hippomenes threw some apples during the race, and she retrieved them, thus allowing him to win. The poems that have her are lost, so we have no specific description of her or her clothing. One assumes she wore men's clothing. In battle, men wore a short-sleeved shirt that came halfway to the knee. Over it was a cuirass with leather tabs over the hips. On the head was a crested helmet. For running or wrestling, she was probably nude. One wrapped pieces of cloth around himself when not in battle or involved in athletics.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

alanta hawks jersey with some atlanta falcons sweat pants and an atlanta braves ballcap....im sorry i usually dont answer questions i dont have a guess for but i couldnt help myself... i appoligize ahead of time

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.