Why are Baltimore cops shooting and killing other cops in their own department?

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/baltimore_c...

Early this morning, a 44-year veteran of the Baltimore police department was murdered outside of a strip joint. His killer? ANOTHER Baltimore police officer. What the hell?

Why are cops in Baltimore so fratricidal?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Reading your question...you make it sound like the officer who shot did so just to shoot.

The latter part of your article states the killed officer refused an order from a uniformed officer and was tased. The killed officer then pulled a weapon on the uniformed officer.

Bearing in mind...the killed officer was out of uniform and the article mentions nothing of identifying himself as an officer...events turned for the worse!

The killed officer should have never pulled his weapon!

No matter how you look at this story...it's very unfortunate for all!

Source(s): Police Officer +30 years
  • John R
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

---This appears to be a good example of why my department and most others require that officers leave their off duty weapons at home or locked in the car when they are going to frequent any establishment that serves intoxicants.

---I would bet a days pay that the downed officer had been drinking liquid courage and hearing of the battle in the parking lot decided he was going to show them what tombstone courage and a set of brass knucks can do.

• 1 decade ago

Wow, they must really be bored there..... Was it not a 'he's sleeping with his wife' sort of thing? Chances are that there is far more to this story than just a cop wanting to kill another cop. Did he know he was a cop?

• 1 decade ago

Do you seriously expect an answer?

The worlds gone to hell.. I hope that helps.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

that is sad, people are crazy

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.