Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

What's your fave. crock pot/slow cooker beef roast recipe?

I can't decide what to toss in with this roast I'm about to start. Help me make up my mind. lol

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I just add a little red wine, some basil, thyme, oregano, about a tsp. of Worchestshire sauce and salt & pepper, then some beef broth, some new red potatoes, some baby carrots, an onion cut into fourths.

That's it. Very simple, but oh so good.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Honey
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Mmmmm. Pot Roast! Sear the roast on all sides in a very hot fry pan. This will give some color to the vegies and "Old Joe" aka au juice.

Peel some medium sized carrots and smaller potatoes and place them around the roast in your crock pot. Chop a couple of onions and scatter them on top. Add a little salt and pepper.

Four to six hours later (seven for a big roast) you'll have a wonderful simple meal.

Sometimes when I'm on the road, I put a slow cooker in the back of my van plugged into a power inverter (lid tied down with a bungie). For the last couple of hours I'm tantalized by the wonderful aroma and by the time I arrive at a motel somewhere, I'm ready for a "home-cooked meal."

Enjoy

:-)

• 1 decade ago

1 sirloin tip roast, about 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 pounds

3 cups red wine

2 tablespoons butter

2 carrots

2 ribs celery

1 large onion

1 clove garlic

8 to 12 ounces fresh mushrooms, thickly sliced

3 tablespoons flour blended with 2 tablespoons butter

salt and pepper to taste

PREPARATION:

In a large bowl cover roast with red wine. Let soak for at least an hour or more, refrigerated. Cut carrots, celery, onion, and garlic in chunks and process in the food processor to a coarse-chopped consistency

Heat butter in a large skillet and add chopped vegetables. Saute until lightly browned, then add mushrooms; cook another 2 or 3 minutes.

Place roast in the Crock Pot. Cover with the sauteed vegetables. Pour wine into the hot saute pan and bring to a boil. Pour over the beef and vegetables. Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours. 30 to 45 minutes before done, whisk flour-butter mixture in to thicken.

Serves 4 to 6.

• 1 decade ago

Delicious & Easy Crockpot Beef Roast

1 chuck or rump Beef Roast (sized for your crockpot)

½ Cup of Water

1 Packet of dry Ranch Dressing Mix

1 Packet of dry Italian Dressing Mix

1 Packet of dry Brown Gravy Mix

Put roast in crockpot, pour water around the base. Sprinkle all 3 dry seasoning packets over roast. Cover and cook for 6-7 hours on low. Remove roast to cutting board and let sit 15 minutes; slice thinly across the grain. This makes great tasting gravy too!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

our absolute fave. is a beef roast with onions, potatoes, carrots, and gravy. here's my recipe...trust me, you will love it!

Roast (I use any tender, beef roast such as English roast)

1 can cream of mushroom soup (may be store brand)

1 package onion soup mix

Worcersire sauce

Onions, potatoes, carrots, and onions

Water

Salt and Pepper

Place the roast in the crock pot and put enough water to come up to about halfway on the roast. Sprinkle package of onion soup mix on the roast and sprinkle a few dabs of Worcersire sauce on the roast. (may leave off if you don't like the flavor). Empty the cream of mushroom soup on top of the roast, place lid on cooker, and cook for about 2-3 hours, just enough to get the roast a little cooked then add desired amount of potatoes, onions, and carrots (i cut them in half) and sprinkle with salt and pepper and let cook with the roast for aoout 3 more hours .

That's it, easy as pie and soooooo tasty! Good luck and good eats! If you especially like the gravy it makes, you can use 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup.

• 1 decade ago

I add about 1/2 cup of horseradish and a can of whole berry cranberry sauce. Sounds odd and like it might be too hot but it tastes great. Almost like a sauerbratten when you are done. I like to serve it with noodles rather than potatoes. ( I do both cuz my husband loves the potatoes.)

• 1 decade ago

sauteed mushrooms, onions, and a splash of red wine. the last hour of cooking, you could toss in some baby carrots, and some chopped celery.

garlic mashed potatoes on the side!

i'm coming over for dinner tonight!

• 1 decade ago

a jar of pickles with the juice.....sounds weird but soo yummy and sooo tasty

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.