What breed of snake is this?

I saw a snake in New Jersey that was fairly short and narrow, was a light green blended with brown, had black eyes, and other than that it had absolutely no stripes spots or markings. Any guesses as to what breed of snake this was? (It was much too light what you might call pale maple-leaf-green to be a... show more I saw a snake in New Jersey that was fairly short and narrow, was a light green blended with brown, had black eyes, and other than that it had absolutely no stripes spots or markings.

Any guesses as to what breed of snake this was?

(It was much too light what you might call pale maple-leaf-green to be a gardener snake and I know it was obviously not a copperhead or rattler and I dont know of any other snakes they have in Jersey)
Update: ALSO: It was a wild snake with very strange behavior---it slithered right under our feet which were in midair about to take another step!! (then it disapeared into some ivy and we went inside to get shoes!)
Update 2: Thank you all for your intelligent and helpful info!! I'm really appreciative! I have not decided best answer or for sure what it was yet, but I think it may be a queen snake. I am going to have to look over all this helpful info again when I'm not so tired :D Thanks for the info on gardner snakes as... show more Thank you all for your intelligent and helpful info!! I'm really appreciative! I have not decided best answer or for sure what it was yet, but I think it may be a queen snake. I am going to have to look over all this helpful info again when I'm not so tired :D

Thanks for the info on gardner snakes as well. All of the gardeners in this certain area of west jersey are the same though. But it is cool to know that

Well like I said THANKS and I will look over all this more in the future.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D