Emer asked in Consumer ElectronicsLand Phones · 1 decade ago

can i use my linksys router spa2102 having internet connection but no phone line?

Best Answer

Yes you can.

When you say you have no phone line, I presume you mean you are not subscribed to PSTN phone service from your local ILEC (Incumbent Local Exchange Carrier). In which case you can subscribe to "Dry Loop DSL" or "Naked DSL" high speed Internet service through the local ILEC, or through a CLEC (Competitive Local Exchange Carrier), without the PSTN phone service activated. But, they usually charge you a premium for not having phone service "bundled".

I do it with my Linksys PAP2T-NA over Cable Internet.

I pulled the plug on Telus (a Canadian ILEC), my local phone company, over six months ago, in exchange for using VoIP to save money.

I am using Cable high-speed Internet, Linksys NAT-Router, and PAP2T-NA VoIP ATA for all my phone calling, now.

My ILEC PTSN phone line is disconnected and I'm only using VoIP over cable Internet for land-based phone calls.

You can do the same with the Linksys SPA-2102. It doesn't matter if you get dry-loop DSL or Cable Internet. In the end, it's all the same... sending voice packets over the Internet...