United Services Automobile Association***USAA***?

Does anyone have any comments on what they think of USAA?

Anything good, anything bad, anything in general

• Mar
    Best Answer

USAA goes above and beyond. It is "member owned", so they really have a vested interest in customer service. They also have what they call SSA. Since it is member owned we members are the "stockholders". Through the SSA, they pay back "dividends" so to speak.

I recently switched all of my banking services to USAA. It's a great banking set up with very good rates on loans, credit cards, and even savings account interest (considering that very few banks give good rates these days).

Also being a service focused on the military family, they completely understand being stationed in one place but registering your car in other places. They understand about PCS's, etc, etc.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): united services automobile association usaa: https://biturl.im/qfwPs

Insurance, car and renters - awesome (We had a sewer system flood in base housing at our last base.. they sent an adjuster out in less than 24 hours, and within 2 weeks almost all claims were settled. Other folks were waiting a month later to hear from their insurance company!)

Banking - awesome! Love their online banking, makes life so easy! Online bill pay. Online check deposits. No ATM fees for first 10 transactions each month.

Investments - pretty good. Definately easy to set up, and start up $ was much less than many other companies.

We've been with them since '97.

Source(s): AF spouse - 19 years

USAA is great. I didn't get a great deal but they still beat all other insurance companies. I once locked my keys in my truck and called USAA roadside assistance. I had someone within 20 minutes come out and unlock my door. And it didn't cost me a thing. They didn't raise my premium or anything. I keep the number on my cell.

Their customer support is superb. Every time I have talked to a representative on the phone they have always been the kindest and most professional support I have ever experienced. They will get it done or get someone who can.

• la man

I can't speak from personal experience, because I'm not eligible for USAA coverage, but I have worked in the insurance industry and I know lots of people are happy with USAA. From my point of view, they really make sure any outside companies that handle their policy holders uphold their standards of professionalism, we have to get special training just for USAA members even if we handle the accounts of several other companies. The company I worked (auto glass) even had a USAA help desk on the premises so if any problems came up they could be solved right away. From what I hear, the rates with USAA cannot be beat by any other insurance company, because the members are part owners of the company. One difference I saw was that they cover theft or damage of your electrical equipment. If you have the opportunity to be insured through them do it and don't change companies.

I've had them for 24 years. Not a single company could match their rates when I accepted an offer. AIG insisted that they could give me a lower rate and they did. They also significantly reduced my limits.

I have higher than normal limits because it only costs me an extra $23.00 every six months. With medical costs rising and liability increasing, I don't mind paying extra for more security.

Edit: Damn Dj_Ez. I pay $1,300 a year to insure 3 cars.

• Dj_Ez

Well, after 4 speeding tickets, one totaled wreck of a truck, and a second accedent on my record, they still insure me with decent rates and a low deductable. 2 years after I totaled my truck, one of the other parties involved in that accedent tried to sue me, but USAA spanked them like bad puppies and sent them crying home to mommy. I currently insure an 01 dodge pickup, 04 dakota, and an 07 suburban with the above on my record and only pay somewhere between $300-$400 monthly. Other places I checked wanted $600 for the suburban alone.

I LOVE USAA! I have had USAA as my insurance since I was able to drive and I am now 30. My husband, who is Active Duty, and I got our car loan through them and it was extremely easy. They had a fantastic rate and VERY helpful customer service. They were one of the very few who would allow me to take a car loan out in both our names with a POA. (my husband was deployed during the time of the loan processing). I have had one claim through USAA and it was very easy to deal with them about it. They did a ton of the leg work for me. I would never go through any other insurance company.

Source(s): Army Wife

i LOVE usaa, i have my auto and home insurance. No one has been able to beat them. They only down side is that they don't cover Motorcycles, they piggy back their coverage through progressive. I don't bank through them. But I know people who do and they love them. I would never use them to get a mortgage on a home though.

USAA is awesome. That's all that needs to be said.

Bamford - you're talking about a completely different thing. USAA offer banking, loans and car insurance. What you're describing is more like our AAA.

Source(s): AD USAF