Buying a house FHA?

I am a first time home buyer, looking to buy a house. I was originally going to buy conventional and put 5% down but I just learned that I qualify for an FHA loan, which would be at a better interest rate. Obviously, I would like to take advantage of the FHA because of the lower interest but I'm a little... show more I am a first time home buyer, looking to buy a house. I was originally going to buy conventional and put 5% down but I just learned that I qualify for an FHA loan, which would be at a better interest rate. Obviously, I would like to take advantage of the FHA because of the lower interest but I'm a little confused about how it works. My understanding is that I can ask the buyer to pay for 3% of my closing costs and 3% of my down payment. My question is, if the seller does assist with a 3% down payment ,can I also put down the 5% I would have put down anyway or does the FHA limit me to putting down only 3%?

Are there any drawbacks to going FHA instead of conventional? I know nothing about this so any help is appreciated, thanks!