What bottles are BPA free?

Currently I have Playtex vent-air bottles, NUK bottle, and First years breast flow bottle, and avent bottles. I am wondering are these bottles safe or should I get rid of them.

Also what do the numbers on the bottom of the plastic containers actually mean? I see some with 1 and my daughters sippy cups which are playtex insulators have a 5 on the bottom and the gerber baby food plastic containers have 7 on them. Does the number on the bottom mean anything if so what?

Thanks in advanced!!

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

BPA Free Bottle Products

Adiri Natural Nursers

Avent “Via” disposable bottles

BornFree: All bottles and cups BPA free *see note

EvenFlo: Glass bottles, Classic Tinted Polypropylene bottles

Playtex: Original Nurser,Opaque Soft Bottle (discontinued), Playtex Drop in liners

Gerber: Gerber Clearview, Fashion Tints (also called “Plastic Pastels”), Gerber GentleFlow

Medela: All bottles

Sassy MAM bottles (UltiVent), Baby Food Nurser Kit

Green to Grow Bottles **see note

Sassy Baby Food Nurser Kit

ThinkBaby Bottles

Momo Glass Bottles

Munchkin: Dora the Explorer Classic Bottles

Nuby: Standard Neck Non-Drip Bottle, Wide-Neck Non-Drip Bottle, Wide-Neck Bottle with Handles and Non-Drip Nipple, Standard Neck Bottle with Handles and Non-Drip Nipple, 3-Stage Wide Neck Easy Grip Feeding System with Non-Drip Nipple.

Nuture Pure Glass bottles

Babisil Silbottles

Weego Glass Bottles

Siliskin Glass Bottles

Dr Brown’s: Glass Bottles (all vent system pieces BPA Free), Dr. Browns Polypropylene bottles (due in store’s April 15th)

Parent’s Choice Bottles (available at Walmart) - box is marked BPA Free

BPA Free Sippy Cups

Avent Magic Cups, Super Sport Cups

Playtex: Coolster Tumbler, Insulator, Einstein Sip & Discover Training Cup, Sipster, Create My Own, Quick Straw, Insulator Sport, Sip and Discover, First Sipster, Einstein Sip & Discover Insulated Straw Cup

Gerber: Sip & Smile Spill-proof Cup, Easy Grip Insulated Soft Straw Cup, Insulated Cool Cup, Fun Grips Color Change Spill-proof Cup, Grins & Giggles Spill-proof Cup (source)

BornFree sippy/drinking cups

Kleen Kanteen

Thermos Foogo Sippy Cups, and drinking bottle with straw

SIGG Toddler Water Bottles

Kid Basix The Safe Sippy

Boon Sippy

GrowPure Multi-Stage Feeder and Sippy Cup

iPlay Aqua Bottle

ThinkBaby Training Cup

Sassy Snack Time Infa-Trainer Cup

Munchkin: Cupsicle, Cupsicle Straw Cup, Big Kid Sippy Cup, Mighty Grip Flip Straw Cup, Mighty Grip Trainer Cup, licensed character Sports Bottles, Re-usable Straw Cups, Re-usable Spill-proof Cups

Nuby: No-Spill Sports Sipper, Insulated Soft Silicone Spout Cup, Soft Spout Easy Grip Cup, Gripper Cup with Soft Silicone Spout, 2-Handle Cup, Tinted Mega Sipper, 7oz Tumblers

The First Years: Take & Toss, Spill-proof Cup, Insulated Cup, Licensed character sippy cups, Insulated Spill-proof Cup, 2 Handled Cups

BPA Free Milk/Liquid Storage

Avent Via 8-oz. Nurser Kit

Avent Snack Cup / Formula Dispenser

Mother’s Milkmate Storage bottles

Medela Milk Storage bottles and breastpump accessories

Playtex One-Step Breast Milk Storage Kit

Lansinoh® Breastmilk Storage Bags

Lansinoh® Breastmilk Storage Bottles

Gerber Breastmilk Storage Bags

Dr. Brown’s Breastmilk Storage Bags

The First Years Easy Pour Breastmilk Storage bags

Bailey Milk Storage Bags (Nurture lll pump tubing BPA Free as well)

BPA Free Baby Food / Food Storage

So Easy Fresh Baby Food Kit

Baby Cubes baby food storage system

Laptop Lunch System

Munchkin: Snack Catcher, Baby Food Grinder, Fresh Food Feeder, Powdered Formula Dispensers

Number at the bottom of containers:

1,2,5 safer

3,5,7 avoid

Although I read on safemama.com that 7 just means that they combined some plastics and that they may or may not contain BPA. 7 is on Gerber containers....

Source(s): www.safemama.com
  • 1 decade ago

apparently #7 is the one that contains Bpa. All hard, clear plastic bottles have Bpa. Switch to the Playtex Nurser. It has drop in bags. The bags do not contain Bpa. Also born free bottles are safe, but they have a completely different nipple that my baby wont take. If you switch to the drop ins at least you can still use Playtex nipples.

• 1 decade ago

All of the bottles you have contain BPA. Here is a list of some BPA-free bottles:

http://safemama.com/2007/11/22/bpa-free-bottle-and...

Also, I use Playtex drop ins and really like them. Generic liners are much cheaper and work just as well. The drop in system is so convenient! Maybe you should try it! Good luck!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Here is a simple list of safe and unsafe bottles...

http://www.mommyauctions.com/blog/2007/10/01/kitch...

http://www.amazon.com/Gerber-Nurser-Reusable-Feedi...

These Gerber ones are BPA free, simple, cheap and do the trick! Thankfully I have been using them from the start!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I'm sure you've got all the info you need, but thought I'd put my 'two cents' in. ; p

Evenflo's glass and classic colored bottles and Wal-mart's Parent's Choice are BPA free.

i'm sure you can look up the dangers of bpa online and it should give you a list.

• 4 years ago

qqqqqqqqqq

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.