Body Shop Supplement Request?

My insurance sent out an independent auto appraiser to appraise the damages. He came out and basically appraised the damages for higher than what was needed after the body shop did their own inspection. My insurance has cut me a check for the amount that he appraised my damages for. The body shop has completed... show more My insurance sent out an independent auto appraiser to appraise the damages. He came out and basically appraised the damages for higher than what was needed after the body shop did their own inspection.

My insurance has cut me a check for the amount that he appraised my damages for. The body shop has completed my car and now their not giving me their final invoice until their supplement request is approved. Granted, I need the final invoice so I can overnight the check to my lienholder to sign the check as well(They require the final invoice).

Alright, my question is .... If the cost of repairs are FAR less than the check and my deductible then why do they need to ask for a supplement request? Isn't a supplement request asking for more money?

This is an authorized dealer's body shop but I believe some sham is being commited. If your telling me the cost of repairs were cheaper than the original estimate then why ask for a supplement?
Update: @ SpAiD_UCA, So they should be in charge of the check? My insurance company mailed the check to me. It needed my signature and the lien holder's signature. Should I take it to them and my deductible to get my car? Should I be waiting to receive my car while they wait on my lien holder to sign the check? show more @ SpAiD_UCA,

So they should be in charge of the check? My insurance company mailed the check to me. It needed my signature and the lien holder's signature.

Should I take it to them and my deductible to get my car?

Should I be waiting to receive my car while they wait on my lien holder to sign the check?
Update 2: Georgia
Update 3: Unforunately, they won't reimburse me the remainer and they won't include my deductible into it. I asked last week. Car's been in the shop for almost a month and I'm growing restless as its my only car. I'm going to run the option of dropping my deductible and the check off and letting me... show more Unforunately, they won't reimburse me the remainer and they won't include my deductible into it. I asked last week.

Car's been in the shop for almost a month and I'm growing restless as its my only car.

I'm going to run the option of dropping my deductible and the check off and letting me get my car, by them tomorrow.
Update 4: Mine is 1000 so I can probably understand them on that bit.

I will definitely give them a call tomorrow about what you said. Sounds about right.

Thanks for your time and help.