What is the average length of marriage ?

Does anyone know what the average length of marriage for this day and time is? What are the statistics?

Favorite Answer

Percentage of population that is married: 59% (down from 62% in 1990, 72% in 1970)

Percentage of population that has never married: 24%

Percentage of population that is divorced: 10% (up from 8% in 1990, 6% in 1980)

Percentage of population that is widowed: 7%

Median age at first marriage: Males: 26.9

Females: 25.3

Median age at first divorce: Males: 30.5

Females: 29

Median age at second marriage: Males: 34

Females: 32

Median age at second divorce: Males: 39.3

Females: 37

Median duration of first marriages that end in divorce: Males: 7.8 years

Females: 7.9 years

Median duration of second marriages that end in divorce: Males: 7.3 years

Females: 6.8 years

Median number of years people wait to remarry after their first divorce: Males: 3.3 years

Females: 3.1 years

Percentage of married people who reach their 5th, 10th, and 15th anniversaries: 5th: 82%

10th: 65%

15th: 52%

Percentage of married people who reach their 25th, 35th, and 50th anniversaries: 25th: 33%

35th: 20%

50th: 5%

Percentage of people who have ever been married by the age of 25: Males: 32%

Females: 50%

Percentage of people who have ever been married by the age of 35: Males: 77%

Females: 84%

Percentage of people who have ever been married by the age of 45: Males: 87%

Females: 90%

Percentage of people who have ever been married by the age of 55: Both males and females: 95%

Number of unmarried couples living together: 5.5 million

Percentage of unmarried couples living together that are male-female unions: 89%

I got this from divorce mag

Average Length Of Marriage

1

Source(s): Marriage Records Search Database : http://marriagerecords.zourg.com/?QIj

2

Source(s): Save Your Marriage http://enle.info/SaveYourMarriage

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): average length marriage: https://shortly.im/WZVS4

The average marriage lasted 12 years in 1910. Today the average marriage also last's 12 years. Confused? I was too at first. But. In 1910, the loss of a spouse was the result of early death. Today divorce is the mitigating factor. The point? Biologically speaking we are not designed to be together for 50 years. I learned this from a renowned anthropologist on a podcast called "On Being". I highly recommend this for the person who is interested in discussions of spirituality and culture.

The average length of a marriage that ends in divorce is between seven and eight years.

Makes you wonder why people get married . If not forever , then don't have a church wedding and make a big deal out of it . Don't make promises and take vows . Since woman file for divorce 70% of the time quoting being unsatisfied . They also make up that count with mental health problems and meds . I think if woman really knew the meaning of empowerment , there would be less divorce . I am not saying it is not necessary to have a way out incase of abuse . I wish I knew the statics before wasting 25 years with a mental case .

I regrettably find that a majority of marriages are ordinarily quite short lasting, that is roughly three or so years, at most. I find it truly discouraging, though, to have observed both family relations and professional associates, in seemingly unbreakable bonds with their respective spouses, who eventually went on to bitterly divorce after their marriages had already lasted from between twenty-seven to forty years. It does depend, yet there are evidently no sure-fire recipes or answers when it comes to "forever marriages".

Source(s): empirical observations, etc.

The average length of a marriage THESE days is seven years. But don't ever be taken back by that percentage. Anyone can make it work; for a lifetime, - if people just try, understand, & be completely honest&truthful.

One of the most common questions spouses ask when confronting a marriage crisis is this: How can I save my marriage if my partner doesn't want to help find a solution? How do I succeed I am trying to save my marriage on my own? Learn here https://tr.im/NLfRg

It is a typical enough story: one partner leaves, the other stays. One remains 'in love', the other is uncertain. Whatever it is that has caused a couple to be apart, the one person who remains bears the prospect, fear, doubt, desire, hope of saving his or her marriage' alone.