Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

If you had an extra car that was paid off and cheap on insurance, would you sell it or keep it for a back up?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I would keep it. If insurance is cheap and it is paid off how does it really hurt to keep it?

• 1 decade ago

Why would you sell a car that doesn't cost you anything to keep.

The replacement cost is way more than it will cost to insure and maintain that car.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Best to keep as a back up. Out of personal experiences you never know what will happen to your daily driver or when that will happen. You could be stuck trying to find rides and also the money to fix the car asap so you don't have to bum rides.

• 1 decade ago

I would only keep it if it was different from my everyday cars. For example, if I drove a regular size sedan, and my other car was a truck. I could use the truck to haul things from Home Depot or where ever. If its just another car I would not hang on to it.

Source(s): My opinion.
  • 6 years ago

Get insurance quotes

• 1 decade ago

Definitely keep it for a backup

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Is it cheap on taxes too?

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

You can use INSURE-CHEAP.INFO to compare free quotes.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.