Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicSinging · 1 decade ago

How to hit high notes when singing?

Im 13 years old and im a good singer i would say. But i am good at singing low notes and struggle on high notes. I just need to know how to hit high notes and also keep my breath. Also if theres any sites which give tips on how to sing high please tell me! Thank you!

• Bexka
    Best Answer

when my music teacher first taught us how to really get those top notes she gave us this advice and i swear to god it does. Just before the note, bend your knees and breath in with your arms out a little as if they are holding oranges and then as you reach the note stand up straight slowly and lift your arms up. Best advice i was ever given in singing.

• Erika

How To Hit High Notes

• Nancy

I'm not sure if this is a local theatre thing, but when singing high notes, we use what is called a head voice where we imagine the sounds to come out of the top of your heads. One practice to get there is to start with your chest voice and move progressively higher. You'll notice the difference where the sound is coming from. Another way to do it is to mimic micky mouse's high pitch voice, and then try doing it without squealing. Also by looking down, you can hit a few more higher notes and you can hit lower notes by doing the reverse

For the best answers, search on this site https://smarturl.im/aDElQ

If I counted all the people who have ever asked me for advice on singing, one in every two of them would want me to tell them how to sing high notes. The truth is a lot of the best songs

out there have high riffs, because a lot of the time its these high riffs that bring the power and flavor to a song. Think about American Idol. The most applause you hear during a song is

always when a singer hits those high notes and does it perfectly. Just think about Adam Lambert, Chris Daughtry or David Cook hitting the highs in his Billy Jean rendition. WOW! https://tr.im/singing

It's very possible to learn to sing well. You just need to know the right methods. Learn here https://biturl.im/aU1Po

Singing teachers will cost money and can be expensive so they're not for everyone. Singing can be learned so it's not an "either you have it or you don't" kind of thing.

Whether you sound like crap or you're decent, I recommend this singing course. It's one of the best methods to learn to sing well in a short amount of time. It's all about using efficient techniques that work.

If you want to know a very good vocal coach try to visit https://tr.im/5UWjz an online vocal coaching tutorial. Everything, ranging from breathing fundamentals, vocalizing exercises, techniques on singing high and low notes, how to not go off-key/out of tune/off-sync, musicianship and music theory, proper diction and articulation, and a lot more are covered, all in our native language. It can be quite technical in nature, but it really helps since it covers the musical aspect of singing deeply and not just concentrates on how to impress people with your vocal range, riffs and runs and other cliches that do not necessarily make one a complete vocalist.

If you're better at singing low notes you're probably an alto rather than a soprano.

Best thing to do is get some professional tuition - if you try to do it all on your own you could end up damaging your voice.

Ask your school if they can recommend a local teacher

If you want powerful strong notes i saw on tv that its harder to sing high notes on words that end in like EEE or iii. And easier if they end in A.

E.g its harder to sing in high note... Soflyyy!

Its better to pronouce while singing your high notes to pronounce them as A's.. so you would sing sofltyyy as.. Soflayyyyy!! it makes it much easier to go higher yet it stays powerful :D hope this helped.

perhaps the particular notes you want to reach are out of your register - sing the song in a lower key, you shouldn't strain your voice especially as you are so young