I want a perm, whats the average price for one? My hair is shoulder length so how will it look?

I think it would look good and so do my friends but i can't seem to find a picture of it online so i can see it. But i don't want like ringlets, i want sorta loose curls but not just wavy. somewhere in between ringlets and loose waves.
Update: I think it would look good and so do my friends but i can't seem to find a picture of it online so i can see it. But i don't want like ringlets, i want sorta loose curls but not just wavy. somewhere in between ringlets and loose waves. And the thing is is that my hair is straight like pin straight except... show more I think it would look good and so do my friends but i can't seem to find a picture of it online so i can see it. But i don't want like ringlets, i want sorta loose curls but not just wavy. somewhere in between ringlets and loose waves.
And the thing is is that my hair is straight like pin straight except for one little spot that doesn't straighten and it's so frustrating and i wish i could curl my hair but even when i get my hair done by someone else the curls fall out within a couple of hours.. even when i try scrunching my hair it looks like straight hair with gel after like an hour but it looks so nice at first..