what happens if you snort Zoloft???

my brother says he wants to snort his zoloft pills to get high, but he doesn't know if it works, and i keep telling him not too. But was does it do??

• bri
    Favorite Answer

taking anti-depressants to get high does not work. it makes you like really freak out if you take too much. i do not recommend it!

Source(s): My desperate times called for desperate measures.

Thank you, miss pharmacist, for running through a few of the more common possible side effects listed on the sheet that comes with Zoloft. Actually, not much will happen after - ahem - " taking" - just one. Most of the side effects are unlikely to occur with snorting, because you will probably not do it again after you understand how much it burns the inside of your nose. I'm sure you'll find it quite unpleasant. The unlikely effects and side effects are due to the mechanism of action of this type of drug (a selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitor, or SSRI). These types of drugs effect their changes in the brain's chemistry by regulating the manufacture of new serotonin (a brain "messenger", or neurotransmitter) receptors inside the nucleus of cells. And that takes time to happen. I could take up to two weeks, or maybe even longer, to take full effect... and that's if you were taking it EVERY DAY for the full two weeks or more. That's also why doctors tell patients taking Zoloft to taper off over the span of weeks. This helps prevent withdrawal reactions, which can be serious, from occurring, which they might if a patient were to suddenly stop after being on it for weeks. But since you are unlikely to continue it, we won't have to worry about all this. Besides, the real question is, why snort it? Can't you just swallow it with water? And, of course, the real advice is, you absolutely should be having this discussion with your DOCTOR, since we all know it's available with a prescription only.

• ?

That sounds like a really stupid thing to do. The effects could be anywhere from Nothing to death. Some people get brain damage from snorting pills. You could either go the direction of just letting him find out, or you could get him help somehow. It might sound like you'd be being a retard, but you should tell someone that has the power to make him stop. (parents? police?)

Your brother needs help, he must really want to snort somethin else. What's wrong wit just simply taking the med? U know what i wouldn't want to find out what happens!

I have not done it myself, but probably nothing. The drug will do the same thing whether you snort it, swallow it or inject it. It's all the same, just a different method. Tell him to quit being a dumb***.

Tell him to grow up & be mature. He isn't doing such a great job influencing you so much that you've even posted this question for all to see. He needs to quit trying to find something to get "high" & grow up, get a job & a life. P.S. If he doesn't listen to you, tell your mom, I'm sure it'll piss her off enough to do something bout it.

Your brother sounds like he needs help.

probably kill him or do something to his brain so he ends up retarded and living in a home with nurses having to wipe his ***. Sound like a good idea?

Oh trust me it wont hurt any thing. =] But it also wont even give you a buzz. Me and my friend did the samething before... haha Im forreall.. but then we kinda got cought! (hehe)

Overdose possibly ...It will not make him high .. just sick..