how many burgleries in the united states?

I am doing a report in school about crime in america and i wanted to know the average number of burgleries so far this year in the united states

Favorite Answer

Good question. The average rate of both residential and commercial burglaries in the United States has been on the rise for the past 10 years. There is a B&E (breaking and entering) less than every second of the day. Property crimes are the bigest crimes all police dept's struggle with the most. The average "take" or loss on each B&E is roughly $1,700.00 as of 2006, today I would bring that up to $2000.00. And, most of all B&E's occur between 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., during the day and not at night as stereo-typed in films and books. Here in Virginia since we are a Commonwealth and our laws are based on "Old English" law a day time break in is called or classified as a "statutory burglery". This means that a "statue or law" was created to define a day time B&E as in old English law a burglary is classified as a breaking and entering during the night time with the intent to commet larceny or a felony. If you need any more information contact me at retrpd95@verizon.net. I am a retired 20 yr. veterin of the Richmond, VA police department. When I retired I was a homicide investigator.

Source(s): FBI Crime Stats, 20 yr ret. police officer