Does it matter if my george harrison is stamped? it says (loaned for promotion only?

I have a copy of Somewhere in England by george harrison and it has a stamp that says (loaned for promotion only sale is unlawful ownership reserved by warner bros records inc. Does anyone know if its worth anything since it has this stamp?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

What you have is a promo version that is used for radio broadcast and commercial purposes. Frankly, it probably decreases the value of the album, like so many 'cut-outs' and factory seconds. I used to see these all the time in used vinyl stores and they were usually a part of 'fire sales' when stations went out of business. Broadcast radio is a dying breed these days and many CDs are being flooded into the market that are the same way.

I suppose that someone may be interested in these promos, but I doubt you will get rich on it. Don't retire yet!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I've got a couple of promotional albums, not sure if they're worth anything tho. Go to a Book store and check out a collector's guide. That should answer your question.

• KENMAN
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

it might add a couple of bucks to it's worth to a hardcore beatles/george harrison completist...but the real value lies in the condition of the record and cover...the closer to mint they are; the more you can ask for...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.