Men vote race before gender in Pennsylvania?

According to MSNBC earlier today, the majority of white men voted for Clinton as opposed to Obama in Pennsylvania. The commentator then said, "they {white men} went with race rather than gender."

Why do you think this is? Is race more of an issue for white men today than gender? Or do you think race/gender had nothing to do with it-that it's just a coincidence?

Dixie chick: Yes I agree that it is sad-maybe I watch too many cable news channels but it (race/gender) seems to be all they talk about.

Mystery Meat: Actually, that's what inspired me pose the question! Just food for thought. :-)

• RoVale
    Favorite Answer

I think at this point, people are more interested in change, not race or gender. They want this country to go in a different direction than it has for the past seven years. If John McCain is elected, expect more of the same.

Well, we all know that a bunch of evil, racist, sexist white men wouldn't vote for one of these candidates because they thought the candidate is the best for the job, now don't we? Of course, they're only choosing what they see as the lesser of two evils.

MSNBC is a joke. Actually all news media has pretty much become a joke at this point. If it had been the other way around, it would've been voting with their gender instead of race. The media never ceases to amaze me with their ability to make a story out of nothing. Not that it's still interesting at all, but they try their hardest.

Race and Gender are still big issues in Pennsylvania. Just look at the voting records and the very few women and African Americans elected to any public office in PA (one of the worst records in the country). PA was voting for BILL Clinton, not Hillary or Barack. (Remember, he stumped the rural part of the state for her extensively)

Source(s): Google PA voting history and see for yourself

I think all the hoopla about race or gender, at the end of the day, is just all alot of hot air, to fill air time on talking head shows.

who really gives a flying **** about either?

The economy is tanking, our troops our dying in a daily shooting match, with zero "progress" being made.....companies are losing BILLIONS and BILLIONS, while their CEO's get million dollar bonuses.......Most Americans can't afford to get sick.....

I don't care who or WHAT gets elected next........just fix the damn MESS!!!!! and that person is NOT gonna be McCAIN who has vowed to ":stay the course".

The current course......is the same course the TITANTIC took........and look how that turned out.

WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!!!!!!!

who knows? everyone keeps to themselves on this subject i think.. some people would rather have a man than a woman president and some would rather have a black person versus a white person.. 300 million people in the US and 300 million different answers

And if they had voted the other way it would have been gender before race.

MSNBC is trying to trivialise the nomination contest by pretending that issues don't matter.

I wonder why.

I'm pretty sure they voted with who they liked more and didn't pay attention to race or gender.

Neither is of importance to me... I want my family protected and my paycheck to remain mostly in my pocket, so the thought of voting for either of the democratic candidates is nauseating... There is only one person who can provide sound leadership and his name is Senator John McCain.

Its really sad that in your country this stuff actually makes a difference.

surprising isn't it? you'd think bro's before ho's.....

but, we might need to revisit the early propaganda from the clan to refresh our collective memories. that whole black men just want to steal the white women myth, ya know?

all apologies... that should be klan.