Men vote race before gender in Pennsylvania?

According to MSNBC earlier today, the majority of white men voted for Clinton as opposed to Obama in Pennsylvania. The commentator then said, "they {white men} went with race rather than gender." Why do you think this is? Is race more of an issue for white men today than gender? Or do you think... show more According to MSNBC earlier today, the majority of white men voted for Clinton as opposed to Obama in Pennsylvania. The commentator then said, "they {white men} went with race rather than gender."

Why do you think this is? Is race more of an issue for white men today than gender? Or do you think race/gender had nothing to do with it-that it's just a coincidence?
Update: Dixie chick: Yes I agree that it is sad-maybe I watch too many cable news channels but it (race/gender) seems to be all they talk about.

Mystery Meat: Actually, that's what inspired me pose the question! Just food for thought. :-)