Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 1 decade ago

I got a check from JP Morgan Chase Bank?

I got this check from the above named bank, in an envelope no letter or nothing. Its payable to me, and i want to know what others think of this, if its fake or can i cash it. I always getting into sweepstakes and surveys and all that free stuff, so you never know if something good happens, but i want to make sure before i cash it. It was delivered by Fed Ex too. I will give 10 points to those who give me a good and intelligent answer.

Thank You All

Favorite Answer

SCAM

I work as a teller for credit union and have been in the financial business for more then five years, and I can tell you that JP Morgan Chase Bank checks are the most common check I see tha people deposit and do not know what they are for. Sometimes it is a check asking you to cash it and return funds to them by wire or money order, but in your case it sounds like it is from that bank for a credit card. Also known as a credit card check, mostly below the five dollar range, the check when cashed enrolls you in a credit card to avoid paperwork... and to scam you into something you probably didnt want in the first place. On the back of the check where you endorse, read what it says right below the endorsement line. It would say something to the effect "by accepting this check, you are agreeing...". If this is the case do not deposit it, unless you are interested but find out what you are signing up for.

Another thing I suggest is calling JP Morgan.

DO NOT CALL THE PHONE NUMBER ON THE CHECK!!!!!!

If it is a scam, that phone number is a fake and can hurt you. Look up their phone number online at their website for customer service. Ask the representative what the check is for, they may ask for teh check number. I would not give them any sensitive information, like your social. If this ends up being a credit card/loan/product/ check, ask them to take you off their mailer list and give them your address. Otherwise you may get these again. They are sneaky because they make it look so official, and delivered Fed-Ex.

• Fernie

I wonder if you own stock somewhere. This could be a dividend check.

JP Morgan Chase bank is a very well known bank and I would be surprised if they were knowing involved in some sort of fraud. That being said, anyone can open an account there and issue checks. What was the fed ex return address? There has to be a phone number on it(Fed Ex wont deliver without a #), call them and see what they say. Have your feelers on.

I did a google search, and came up with a few examples of people frauding victims, but most of them involved asking for money up front, or some sort of bank account info.

It could also be a loan from some unscrupulous loan company, and by cashing the check you are agreeing to a high interest loan. You should look for any writing on the check that states that by signing this document you are agreeing to....

Here is an attorney's blog about what to do in these instances.

http://derad.typepad.com/onlinecrimebytes/2007/05/...

I hope that it is really your money. Good luck!

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I got this check from the above named bank, in an envelope no letter or nothing. Its payable to me, and i want to know what others think of this, if its fake or can i cash it. I always getting into sweepstakes and surveys and all that free stuff, so you never know if something good happens, but i...

Source(s): check jp morgan chase bank: https://shortly.im/17tP7

JP Morgan Chase is a REAL bank.. Its most likely a bank check that they are offering to you and it comes with a APR. If you need it, cash it, but you will be charged interest rate every month for the remaining balance... YOU WILL NEED TO PAY IT OFF.

JP Morgan bank near me

Chase Bank Tallahassee

• foglia

Chase Check Verification

Talk to your own bank about it. They will know what to do. Or you could call JP morgan Chase bank.

If you do cash the cheque, do not touch the funds for a couple of months - that way if it bounces you will not have spent the money already.

Get a No Cost Phone Number Scan at https://biturl.im/aU2Ja

Its a good way to start. The place lets you to do a no cost phone scan simply to find out if any telephone data is there. This basic alalysis is done without cost. For a full detailed report its a modest payment.

Here's Reverse / Whose Number Lookup page. If you're talking about cell phones, you usually have to pay for that. I've had pretty good luck just using Google a phone number to find out who's calling. If you are researching a quantity of numbers, though, I suppose, you might want a service. I can't imagine why the average person would need to research a quantity of numbers, though, so I assume this is business-related, and it then seems only fair that you pay for a service. But maybe it's not.

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awhYG

3 choices: Take it to your bank.(That would be obvious I would have thought!) Take it to a jp morgan bank if there is one near you. Take it to a check cashing place (That is gonna cost you money though.)