me asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

Should I keep him informed?

am 8 weeks pregnant. My bf and I broke up last week because he decided he didnt want to be in a relationship with me anymore and we have been dating almost 2 years! He said he just wants to be happy and he will pay child support when the baby gets here and try to see the child as much as possible. I am moving 5 states away to be with my parents and get help that he is unwillng to give. It was a very nasty break up and I really feel like he is just running from the pregnancy, but that's another story.

My questions is....Should I call him and keep him informed?

After all the things he has said to me lately I do not even want his friendship. I am willing to be as peaceful with him as possible for the childs sake but I am done with his lies.

He is making the decision to run and not be a part of this miracle unfolding and I really feel like its just something he is going to miss out on. I told him I would contact him if anything major happened other than that I do not want to

Am i being to harsh?

• Gayle
    Favorite Answer

You need to do what feels right for you and the baby. I went through a similar situation when I was pregnant with my son six years ago and it was hard emotionally to keep in contact with my ex. If I could do it all over again, I would've kept it so I only talked to him when it was absolutely necessary. You should consider getting in tough with a lawyer to find out your options for child support and visitations. Keep him as informed as much as he needs to be, like when the child is born, what happens at your doc appointments and such. But for the sake of you and your baby, you need to put yourself first and worry about him later.

Source(s): Personal experience

I think that you have the right to feel this way. It may be a little harsh but so be it. As far as keeping him in the loop with the pregnancy and eventually with the baby. Give him a chance to be involved. If he is unresponsive or not interested then at least you tried. Remember he is going through a big adjustment as well.

I don't think you're being too harsh. I'm thinking he's bailing because you're pregnant and doesn't want to be a dad yet. Keep him up-to-date on your doctors appointments, but other than that I wouldn't even have contact with him. Maybe email him or send him a letter in the mail instead of talking on the phone with him though.

Sorry you have to go through that, at least your parents are supportive.

• sB

Wow, your not being harsh. Hes harsh, dumping a pregnant girlfriend. At least he is willing to be financially responsible, but still. Id keep him posted on drs appts, sonogram pictures, birth date and what not. Only things that pertain to the baby. Dont let him into YOUR life. You can be a good single mom, it sounds like you really are excited to be a mom and thats admirable. Keep up your good attitude, eff him and his stupid attitude and just do what you think is best. Good luck with that though, such a crappy situation.

No I don't think you are being harsh. I would only contact him if anything big happened that's about it. I'm sorry that happened to you. All you can do is be strong and hang in there for that beautiful miracle inside of you.

I don't think so. Just tell him that when he wants to get an update on how the baby is doing that he can call you. Otherwise if there is an emergency you will call him. If he is interested, then provide him with the information that he should have. Keep it short.

• Kallie

Maybe just email or send a letter of important milestones during your pregnancy, and let him choose to respond back or ask to be part of the child's life.

im going to ask you something, this is a tough decision but do you still want him to be part of your life and your baby after telling you that he dont want to be with you anymore...especially in your situation today where you are carrying his child...

if i will be on your situation...after breaking up with him i will not want to him to be part of my life nor the baby's.

since i will be having my parents beside me...i will stand up, enjoy pregnancy and be responsible for my baby...

sorry, maybe im too harsh but i dont have respect for guys who will leave their gfs after getting them pregnant.

I would do that excat same thing if it were happening to me. It seems like he dont want anything to do with it so I don't think its nessicary to let him know anything.