Beau S asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 decade ago

is it ok for my 10 year old to use the word be-ach?

Update:

He is a boy.

31 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Sure.

You can't be so uptight about those types of things. A lot of times, you have parents who are like, "Oh, my kid never cusses! He/she would never say such a thing." And then, when their parents aren't around, they turn into little sailors.

And then the parents either look like hypocrites, or just stupid.

However, heavier words like the f-word, or the c-word should not be allowed. You're the parent; the discretion is yours.

• 1 decade ago

Etiquette is the art of making others feel as comfortable as possible, by following prescribed methods of interaction.

Your 10-year-old needs to know that when she is around those who would take offense, she should refrain from using that word. It's always best to err on the side of decorum, so perhaps she should ask those around her if it is okay before she uses it. If she is not responsible enough to do so, the word should just be off limits.

• 1 decade ago

My 10 year old son asks to go to the beach all the time, i just tell him "NO! Don't ever use that word again!"

It's just the connotations of that word... sun, surf, sand, makes me sick!

It's your call, but if you want your 10 year old to turn into a surf bum be my guest, biatch!

• 1 decade ago

Is it ok for you to be asking this question???

She is 10 years old and already talking like that... I don't want to see her when she's 14 and flat out tells you to go f*** yourself!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Gracie
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

If he's using that word, he probably heard it right there in his own home. Teach him by example that you don't use those words.

• 1 decade ago

Not really, because some people may interpret it as the real word.

• 1 decade ago

NO it isn't. I would never allow my 10 year old to say that.

• xx
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

defenitely not. if i was caught saying that when i was 10, my mom would wash my mouth out with soap!!!! ten year olds shouldn't be saying that! i can't imagine what they will be saying by the time they are 13!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

NO! ITS NOT OKAY! IF HES DOING THIS AT 10 THEN HE IS GOING TO START MAYBE CALLING YOU ONE. I WOULD PUNISH HIM OR HAVE A TALK WITH HIM.

• 1 decade ago

no!

its okay when they are turning 5 or 4 but when they are ten you need to let them know not to call someone that

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.