Mark B asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 1 decade ago

can i add old accounts to my credit report?

I reviewed all three credit reports and found that there are a few old, and paid in full accounts that are not on my Equifax and Experian credit report, but are on transunions. Can I request that said account be added to Equifax and Experian, and will it help my score?

Favorite Answer

No, not all creditors report to all credit bureaus. Just a fact of life.

"Adding Accounts to MY File

My credit file may not reflect all my credit accounts. Although most national department store and all-purpose bank credit card accounts will be included in my file, not all creditors supply information to CRAs: Some travel, entertainment, gasoline card companies, local retailers, and credit unions are among those creditors that don't. If I've been told I was denied credit because of an "insufficient credit file" or "no credit file" and I have accounts with creditors that don't appear in my credit file, ask the CRA to add this information to future reports. Although they are not required to do so, many CRAs will add verifiable accounts for a fee. I should, however, understand that if these creditors do not report to the CRA on a regular basis, these added items will not be updated in my file."

• CatDad

The three credit bureaus are separate, independent companies...They are not obligated to keep the same info...They are obligated though to accurately report your credit history per the terms of the Fair Credit Reporting Act. If the paid in full accounts were charged off credit cards, they can stay on your credit report for up to 7.5 years...beginning on the date that you defaulted. If the accounts were things like medical bills or cell phone bills, those can be deleted if you can verify that you paid them.

• crady

do no longer mess with previous, closed credit money owed. it shouldn't help your credit. shop paying your present day credit enjoying cards on time and shop doing what you're doing. credit scores take an prolonged time to construct, and including on greater shouldn't make a extensive difference different than the certainty that it may easily decrease your score.

you can request but won't do you any good since the debts are paid off - all three bureau's report differently

• DAS

most likely they will not add old accounts to your credit report.