NW asked in Entertainment & MusicHoroscopes · 1 decade ago

What does "True Node in Scorpio" mean? Pisces, Scorpios, etc. any input?

My True Node is in Scorpio and I have no idea what this is supposed to signify.

This is my astro planetary profile:

Sun in Cancer

Moon in Capricorn

Ascendent in Leo

Mercury in Cancer

Venus in Virgo

Mars in Taurus

Jupiter in Aries

Saturn in Cancer

Uranus in Libra

Neptune in Sagittarius

Pluto in Libra

True Node: Scorpio

I don't know what any of these things mean. Helllllllp (if you can)!

My house positions, in case you're wondering are:

Ascendant Leo

2nd House Leo

3rd House Virgo

Imum Coeli Libra

5th House Scorpio

6th House Capricorn

Descendant Aquarius

8th House Aquarius

9th House Pisces

Medium Coeli Aries

11th House Taurus

12th House Cancer

This jibber jabber to me because I don't understand it. Can anyone help me to decipher this info?

• Tom
    Best Answer

The Moon's nodes are the points where the orbit of the Moon intersect with the ecliptic, i.e. the apparent path of the Sun around the Earth. The node that is rising is the ascending or north node, the node that is setting is the descending or south node. The north and south nodes are exactly opposite. So if the north node is at 7 Aries 25 the south node is at 7 Libra 25.

There are two ways of determining the position of the nodes, the "mean" position or the "true" position. The true position or true node is the actual place of the node in the zodiac. The mean position is determined by a mathematical formula that does not take into consideration minor perturbations of the orbit. The mean node is always retrograde, i.e, it moves backwards in the zodiac. So the mean node at 25 Aries will next go to 24 Aries then to 23 etc. The true node will move in direct motion for short periods. When the full or new Moon is close to the nodes, an eclipse occurs

Regardless of which method is used, the true node and the mean node are close in position. My guess is that most astrologers use the mean node.

There are more ways touted by astrologers to use the nodes than anyone can count. I've seen parental influence, maternal influence, karma, talents you bring with you to this life (north)and things you need to learn (south) to mention only a few. Traditionally the north node is a minor benefic, the south node is a minor malefic. The north node expands; the south node restrict. The south node can show "where you get hurt," so the south node in the third house might mean you have difficulties with siblings or other third house issues. The north node can show where you get help, so north node in the 7th might mean the native gets help from partners or spouses.

North node in the 5th could mean benefit from children or creative activity. South node in the 11th might mean hurt from friends.

Personally I haven't found the signs to have much influence on the nodes, only the house position. While some astrologers use aspects to the nodes, I haven't found this particularly useful either except for conjunctions (which technically are not aspects) and tight (within one degree) squares. The term for this last is "at the bendings." It indicates a significant change during the life that is represented by the planet that is square to the nodal axis.

I found the nodal axis to be very important in mundane astrology and in solar and lunar returns. If you look long enough, you will find a meaning for the nodes espoused by someone that you will like. Unless they fall close to an angle in a natal chart or there is a planet conjunct or square to the nodal axis, they aren't likely to play a major role in the life.

Two cheerful examples. Janis Joplin and Jim Morrison both had the south node on the ascendant. Where did they get hurt? They hurt themselves.

• coby

True Node In Scorpio

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

This is my astro planetary profile:

Sun in Cancer

Moon in Capricorn

Ascendent in Leo

Mercury in Cancer

Venus in Virgo

Mars in Taurus

Jupiter in Aries

Saturn in Cancer

Uranus in Libra

Neptune in...

Source(s): quot true node scorpio quot pisces scorpios input: https://tr.im/oZ0Q9

http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/northnodeins...

I found this for you. Have a great day! :)