Hand numbness after broken arm?

My daughter broke both bones in her lower left arm at daycare when she was 16 months old. She had a cast for 5 weeks. She is now almost 3 years old. However, her left hand has gone numb 8 times over the last 19 months. I've never had a broken bone, so I don't know what to expect. Is this normal? The orthopedic doctor says her arm is 100% healed. Should I take her to see a neurologist?

Favorite Answer

yes you should take her to a neurologist and ask for testing including dermatome sseps and sseps.

he will know what this means.

I have little experience with this area aswell but did have a broken arm and cast for 9 1/2 weeks folowed by wrist pains and numbness. I went back to the doctor who recomended more physio, which helped majorly i both problems. I'm not sure if this is any help and it's probably better to go to a neurologist but if you are unsure then go to your doctor who may be able to fix it or recomend you to a neurologist who will be able to help.good luck, i hope this helps.

if her arm did not heal properly that might cause numbness, het her checked by another orthopedic first and then by a neurologist!!! the best thing to do is go to a pathologist and they'll set you to the right way...